Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

T3-Factory reset

What are the steps involved in Factory Reset?

Can doing Factory reset affects my Favorites.?

thank you

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    on the Home Launcher screen, scroll down to Settings > Storage Reset
    Then you will find two reset selections.

1. Factory Data Reset will erase all data from the device's internal storage, including Google account, system and app data and personal settings and any and all downloaded apps.
    2. Software Data reset will clear cache and reset system preferences.

Enter 4 zeros for the password (0000) and then scroll to the right and find the sideways pointed arrow tab.
    Click that to proceed.

What to expect with the two separate Reset functions...

1. Factory Reset will reboot the T3 and then you will be taken thru the initial setup of Language, Network setup, Time Zone and etc...
    But if the Splash screen (with the Dreamlink logo), does not disappear then unplug the T3 from power and plug back in.
    (please read warning at the end of this post).
    After the initial setup, then you will be taken to the Software Update screen. You will need to update the IPTV Version as the Factory default erased it.
    Next you will be taken to Launcher screen and any apps that you may have previously have loaded will be gone.
    If you made changes to your Home/Launcher screen, them changes will be gone and it will be showing default layout.
    Any server setups that you may have in the MOL2 app will be erased, which means any Favorites in there would also be erased.
    This reset function clears all cache and all data with each app installed.

2. Software Reset will reboot the T3 and then you will be taken thru the initial setup of Language, Network setup, Time Zone and etc...and then you will be taken to the Software Update screen. This time thou it should show that current firmware and IPTV Versions are up to date, assuming that you have your Firmware previously updated to current version.
    Next you will be taken to Launcher screen and all your apps that you may have loaded will still be there. But if you made changes to your Home/Launcher screen, them changes will be gone and it will be showing default layout.
    Any server settings that you may have setup in the MOL2 IPTV app will be intact as you had them.
    If you had Favorites added, they will be erased.
    This reset function clears cache on all apps that are installed. I believe Favorites are considered cache. This reset does not clear data, such as server setups.

Warning ... Factory Data Reset can result in your T3 being stuck on the Dreamlink Splash screen. If this happens then unplug the power and wait a few seconds and plug back in. You may have to try this a few times if indeed it is stuck on Splash screen.

And another important factor.
    When this T3 becomes discontinued and if or when it no longer is supported by Dreamlink servers, then DO NOT perform a Factory Data Reset... reason being is because that type of reset erases the IPTV app version and if the server no longer hosts that app for the T3 then you'd have to find other ways to get that app back on your T3... and there are ways, but would take time and hassles... SO best is to simply not use that Factory data reset function if or when in the future this T3 is o longer supported on the Dreamlink update servers.
    However, using the Software Data Reset function would be fine, as it does not erase that IPTV app from the MOL2
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Thank you

i created my own Groups
    how can I delete them or rename them

Also I initiated two posts/stickies
    but I do not see them in Forum

one of the posts title is Dreamlink T3
    i thank you for your help Crazed 8.4

Your Posts ...
    http://iptvtalk.net/search.php?searchid=4004554

What Groups are you referring to ?
    Groups on your Launcher screen or Groups in LiveTV categories ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Groups in Live TV Categories

okay...
    Add Category Group by using the left arrow button while viewing the sidebar channel menu.
    Once you have added the grouped and named it, you can not change the name. But you can delete it.

What I would do is select a few category names and if you are happy with them then that is when you start adding channels to them. Do not add channels until you are sure the names are good.
    If you start adding channels and then decide you don't like the name of the category, only way to fix that is to delete the category and start over.
    So do not waste your time adding channels till you are sure the name is good

How to delete the category...
    Scroll left again to see the Add Group option.
    Add a new group or if you have already then highlight that group and press and hold the OK button on the RCU (Remote Control Unit).
    This should then show an up and down arrow directly on that group category. You can move the Group up or down in the list using these arrows.
    To delete the Group simply scroll right with your RCU .
    There is a garbage can icon showing over to the right side, so scroll right
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Thank you for help

one more question
    what is m3u Playlist

i see it is asking for Playlist URL

Quote Originally Posted by menurez1 View Post
    Thank you for help

one more question
    what is m3u Playlist

i see it is asking for Playlist URL
    In the MOL2 under server setups, yes there is an option to use m3u Playlist.
    The other option is with a MAC or Credentials setup.
    Either option works well.

I saw your other post asking about Playlists.
    An m3u Playlist is basically just a list of separate channels. I call these channel lines.
    Each channel line will have information about that channel, including the channel ID, the channel logo, the channel's on-line address, the channel login and even the mediadata (that is things like when you see the description for a movie for instance).
    Each and every channel and every VOD selection will have their own channel line and each of these lines are gathered together and put in a list.... a Playlist

Its called m3u because when this technology was first created there were mp3 audio tracks (music) that this was first used with. You could add multiple tracks from different performers and have them all on one m3u list. You could have hard copy of this list or a copy online, or a URL that leads to the copy (online). It was a fantastic creation.
    Of course it did not take long for audio and video to start using this technology.
    The m3u Playlist was born.

Definition...
    M3U = 'MP3 URL'

Okay so, this method is basically how a server creates their channels and channel lists with.
    Its a lot more to it then that but for our understanding that is all that is needed.

So back to the two methods of connecting to a server.
    There are actually 4 methods with the dreamlink T3, but we will talk about that later.
    For now, just the 2 methods are enough.

1. Connect with a MAC attached
    2. Connect by using a m3u Playlist URL

By connecting thru the MAC you would need only attach your Dreamlink's MOL2 MAC to your code.
    By connecting thru a Playlist URL, you would need to add that URL into the PLaylist setup menu.

You would get that URL from the server webpage.

I do not know what server you are using but let's use Rocket as an example.
    Click the link shown below and that will show you how to get that URL
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ocket-Playlist

That info in that post shows how to get a m3u hardcopy of the Playlist, but it also explains how to get the URL as well.
    If you use a hardcopy then the copy goes on a memory storage device and gets installed thru either the Playlist server setup or thru another Player such as Perfect Player.
    However, using the hardcopy is one of those extra methods that I mentioned that would be discussed later Or links to

By using the URL, then you do not need a hardcopy of the Playlist, just enter the URL into the server setup where it asks for it.
    Then there is also a place to add an EPG URL... we here at iptvtalk have two options for that with each having bee created by the members here
    You could also use the server's EPG URL...in fact you could create 3 Playlist slots and with each a different EPG URL... then that way if one EPG is behind you just switch to another, easy peasy.

Always gotta say a big thnx to those members that create these EPGs
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?205-EPG-sources

The other method , as I mentioned there were 4... the other one is thru the MAC setup but do not add a MAC to your code, instead add the credentials in the server setup on the T3 and leave the code without the MAC attached, and connect that way.

When you connect with the MAC attached to code, then the credentials in the T3's setup menu would be left blank.

So there are the two ways, MAC or Credentials
    and the other two ways are m3u Playlist URL or m3u Playlist hardcopy

Which equal 4

Advantages or Disadvantages between all four methods vary
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2021 at 12:40 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

and if you do not like typing in those long URLs (and they are long, both the m3u URL and the EPG URLs)
    Check the link below to see how to use the copy and paste functions.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...ions-explained
    - Frank Zappa

here is something to think about...

If you use the MAC method but then want to switch to the Playlist method (either thru the T3 setup or thru another Player such as Perfect Player), you must first delete the MAC from your code at the server website. The Playlist method will not connect if a MAC is attached.
    What this means is that you can not easily switch between the two methods until you either delete that MAC or reattach the MAC each time. That can be time consuming and not good for an easy transition.... BUT

With the T3 you can connect with only credentials (no MAC needed), then that way when you want to switch between Playlist URL and Credentials, it can be done with no need to log onto your code each time.

easy peasy
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2021 at 06:24 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast