Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Bitcoin hits all-time high of $28.4K and rising !

December 26/2020 the price of one bitcoin (BTC) passed $26,000, surpassing the previous $25,000 mark which was reached less than 24 hours earlier.

BTC broke $25,000 Friday night for the first time, and then went on to set a new all-time high of $26,368.16 Saturday afternoon, before settling back to $26,246.72, up 7.39% on the day.
    Year-to-date BTC is up more than 250%

Sunday morning, Bitcoin price crashes by 6.5% in minutes after hitting $28.4K Sell Wall.
    Bitcoin hit all-time highs of $28,400 before crashing by thousands of dollars.

Since overcoming $24,000 resistance (late last week), Bitcoin has traded in uncharted territory in what looks to be an increasingly parabolic market.

Data shows that a formidable Sell Wall at $30,000 will likely be the next major hurdle for the BTC bulls.

end c/p's

I found this next site a good source for info for Beginners to the Novice .
    Code:
    https://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-for-beginners
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-29-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

January 2/2021
    Bitcoin hits $31K for first time, an hour after tearing through $30K

Once the price of bitcoin crossed the $30,000 mark, something it had struggled to do for the last couple of days, it took off as if all resistance had been removed, hitting a new all-time high of $31,509.08, before falling back to $31,079.99, up 5.44% in the last 24 hours.
    The performance comes after a year in which the cryptocurrency rose more than 300% in 2020, with an almost 50% gain just in December, sort of like a boulder gaining speed downhill, only in the opposite direction.

Custers of crypto wallet addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 bitcoin are known as Whale Entities – the number of those rose to a new record high of 1,994 this past Wednesday.
    “The final land grab has started, and by this time next year, accumulating >1,000 Bitcoin will be nearly impossible for most people”

Kevin Reynolds
    end c/p

Code:
    https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-hits-30k-for-1st-time-ever
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

January 7/2021

Since bitcoin hit a high of $30K USD less then 5 days ago, it is now today about to hit the $40K mark.
    Bitcoin hit a high of $34K on Jan 3/2021 but then it dropped and did stay down around $30K until Jan 5th when it started to rise and continued and is at this minute sitting just a few hundred dollars under the $40K mark

I read one annalist state that Bitcoin may reach the one million dollar mark in less then 20 years.
    I also heard that 'crazy' millionaire John McAfee, offer that bitcoin would reach that mark by the end of 2020. But that has proved to be incorrect.
    McAfee is kinda a nut, a smart man but kinda a nut all the same
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-07-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

We saw Bitcoin highs in the last month or two, and now we are seeing some lows in bitcoin value.
    So here it is...

In the last few days Bitcoin has dropped in value at a consistent rate.
    It went from a high of almost 43K per bitcoin, down to almost 29K per bitcoin.

There are far too many many reasons why this can happen. Some say its even partly to do with the Stimulus delays, while some seem to think its about the big farms (mining farms) and how they can manipulate the market by selling off bitcoin which decreases it's value.

But the best explanation I heard I have c/p below...

'The bitcoin price cannot rise for a long time without correction and fall. This is the law of the market, the reflection of supply and demand in its price. Bitcoin grew in price, many began to sell it in order to fix profits. Some needed money, while others are selling knowing that after some time it will still fall in price in order to buy it at a low price. So there is nothing surprising in the current fall in bitcoin. The surprise was caused by the long rise in the price of bitcoin without a rate correction'

Code:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5308611.0
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    I was reading 20% of all wallets are lost. People have lost millions by up dating software etc. Like space junk floating around and cant be retrieved.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
    I was reading 20% of all wallets are lost. People have lost millions by up dating software etc. Like space junk floating around and cant be retrieved.
    yea, this is due to lost passwords and phrases. If you still have the phrase then password can be recovered.

Check the techs on what they say about this...
    'How to recover bitcoins from lost or corrupted wallet.dat'
    Code:
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5308461.0

There are some that have not or care not to back up their wallets or record and save their passwords in a save place.
    I have heard that people may save the password on a hard drive or their laptop and then at a future time they reformat that drive or Laptop and that deletes the saved password forever.
    Or as you mention, an Android phone gets an auto updated which for some reason deletes the wallet.
    There would be other scenarios that are similar I suppose.

With these Wallets, you have a password and also have a phrase that you should have saved. That phrase will restore your wallet onto any platform.
    There are also the chances that an online Exchange may close its doors and go into hiding. This has happened and those people that had bitcoin stored on their exchanges would loose all that. But that is when a person converts bitcoin into an account similar to a savings account. They do this to receive annual interest. This coin would no longer act the same as your bitcoin in your wallet, in the sense that it is not active coin which fluctuates with the market. The value of the bitcoin when it was deposited would always be be that same value (plus interest)...meaning that would not change with market fluctuations.
    If the Exchange drops off from site and forever gone, then so are your savings. But not your wallet, as long as you saved that phrase and your password and Wallet ID, then you can always access your wallet no matter even if the Exchange jumped ship.

Crypto currency was not meant as a savings type platform, but does have the options for that when using an Exchange.

I know it sounds old fashion, but a writing tool like a pen or pencil and a piece of paper is needed to securely save your Wallet info..
    These people that invest 100s or 1000s or dollars and do not save and protect their passwords are ummm, well they are just silly.

I have heard that some wallets will give you 10 tries to get your password correct. If after 10 tries and no success, then the wallet would be permanently lost.
    If I had any amount of money in my online Wallet (which I do), I would not be relying on anything to keep my wallet save except a hardcopy of my info, saved in secure place and with my next of kin notified of this, in case of my death

There is a possibility of hackers too that may get into your stuff and hack your wallet and you loose. This my be somewhat rare and getting more rare all the time, as these exchanges are reputable and secure, but it can happen.
    There are also off-line Wallets that can be had too, then that gives you 100 % security, as long as you back them up too and keep in secure place.
    And again for those investing huge or even us people with not so high of investments, this off-line wallet would be a good option to have.

The moral of all this.... Keep your passwords and other important info secure and safe and backed up... easy peasy

Bitcoin's or Cryptocurrencies main goal is to be a currency to be used in daily transactions around the world.
    It's high points is that it can not be controlled or manipulated by governments or banks. And the coin itself can not be hacked due to how these Blockchains work. Of course an insecure wallet or an Exchange could be hacked, but when engaged in bitcoin transactions the coin itself can not be hacked during this process.

If you got in at bottom level back in late 2009 and bought some bitcoin and left it 'ride', then you probably made some big dollars considering that in 2009 one bitcoin could be bought for fractions of a cent and now as we see this week that same one bitcoin is worth any where from $29,000 to $42,000 --

Selling or trading bitcoin does not always get you the full value as seen/posted at these on-line coin Exchanges.
    It's a market

A Canadian based website is LocalBitcoins(dot)com , that allows selling bitcoin to reputable buyers.

Using bitcoin in transactions thou, does give you full value.
    And playing it right, you could in theory purchase products and walk away with remaining bitcoin, depending on how the Market is.
    In otherwords, if you bought $150 USD bitcoin yesterday, which gave you say 0.00503497 BTC
    And you wanted to buy a product from an online store which costs $150 USD and they accepted bitcoin of same value.
    But you waited one full day and the next day, that same bitcoin of 0.00503497 BTC is now worth $180 USD
    So with that $150 you put towards bitcoin, you were able to purchase the product for the full price with yur bitcoin wallet and still have the earned $30 of bitcoin in your wallet (depending on current value).

Of course this could also work the other way and you'd loose money.... thems are the risks
    Does not look like bitcoin is going away thou and even with its crashes (which aren't really crashes at all, but fluctuations), bitcoin is and and has been consistently rising in value.

Disclaimer

Do much more research in all this before or if for first time you invest any amount of dollars in this.
    I am not an analyst, do not trust my word nor anything I may seem to be excited about.

There is alot to learn.
    For instance... halving every 4 years or rate corrections or Bull Markets or Whale Entities and taxes due can be examples of things that you would not ever know about until you look into things. And its important things
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-17-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Occasional price drops are unlikely to scare away the whales.

Large bitcoin investors, known as Whales.

“Whale Entities” are clusters of crypto wallet addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 BTC in the Wallet.

C/P
    The number of bitcoin “whale entities” rose slightly to a new record high of 2,140 on Monday.
    The increase came even as the cryptocurrency’s price collapsed by more than 20% to hit a low of $30,305.

The violent sell-off was fueled by heavy selling in the spot market and was accompanied by record trading volumes.
    That did not deter the big players from accumulating the cryptocurrency.

Omkar Godbole and Sebastian Sinclair
    end c/p
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-14-2021 at 12:43 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    I am scared to mess with bitcoin with the new US presidential takeover. The US dollar is slipping and they haven't even been sworn in. I have a bad feeling for bitcoin and the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
    I am scared to mess with bitcoin with the new US presidential takeover. The US dollar is slipping and they haven't even been sworn in. I have a bad feeling for bitcoin and the economy.
    This morning one bitcoin is almost back up to the 40,000 dollar mark
    Currently sitting @ $39,600

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-08-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

During these last few weeks we have been seeing bitcoin fluctuate between 25k and 30k (there-abouts).
    Monday saw bitcoin increase to over 45k
    This came about after Elon Musk's Tesla company bought 1.5B dollars of the coin early Monday morning.
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast