Junoir Member

Guides for live tv on iptv

Hi All: I am a newbie to iptv! I just purchased an android box with iptv live tv sub & have a question. When in the EPG it shows the tv channels with the programs & time slots they’re playing, up in the right corner of screen is the live tv show that is playing. This show does not match what is listed on this guide for the present time slot. Is there another guide available which actually matches the shows that are actually playing on each channel? It seems to me that all the guides I have come across are shows previously played in earlier time slots each day. Been frustrating me for about a week! Any help would be much appreciated. Thx

Provider does not seem to care that the guide data they provide is incorrectly formatted, and the Time is incorrectly offset from UTC.
    Depending on what app you are using, you may not be able to use an alternate guide.
    *(If you use a MAC# to log in, your probably only able to use the Providers EPG. Switching to id/pw login will give you more options for epg source.)

This is my EPG URL. (There is also an excellent EPG by AcidJesuz, but can't remember the URL. (it's here in the Forum somewhere!))
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_ks.xml
    /Shooty

TV Addicted
    Hi Arf60 ,since you are a newbie in the IPTV ,you might look at the brand name and model of the box that you are using
    and then look at the forum if you find a section that matches your box specs.
    Then you ask in the correspond section .That way will be easy to help you.
    Happy new year!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    tiss true what Shooty said without knowing the device, and too what Antgull said too because knowing the device would help us to know its capabilities.

Here is why...
    Depending on the android device you are using (which goes to what Antgull said), you can add extra sources for the EPG (which goes to what Shooty said).

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Don't know, Your Time Zone might bee an Hour or 2 dif from what it should bee...!!!

Was watching WBFSTV a couple of Days ago and the EPG was showing what was on from 11/20/2020...!!

No Matter what 4me did with the settings it wouldn't show the Correct Date and Time...! Finally ended up sending the Parent Company an eMail explaining what was going on and the Next Day when I went back and checked again, all was as it should bee...!

Seems One Never Knows what to expect anymore...!!! As Others have Implied : Happy New Year... and Good Luck...!!
    WWJD...!!!

Junoir Member
    Hello, Which box and iptv app you are using? Like others said, you want to check your EPG offset setting and see if you can manually change it in different timezone. Wrong EPG info might be caused by mismatch setting between server and device.