Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    nothing ?
    No one is gonna say anything ?
    lol
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Bullwhale
    everyone lives happily ever after the end

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Code:
    https://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/brienne-of-tarth-actress-says-that-everyone-will-need-therapy-after-game-of-thrones-is-over
    "We’ve all seen the trailer by now. The hype machine and anticipation for this season is off the charts. April 14th is circled on everyone’s calendar to the point that it should be recognized as a National Holiday. Twitter thumbs will be stretched, reddit threads will be book marked, and people around the world will have goblets of wine ready not because we are alcoholics, but because we are just getting in the GoT spirit.
    We have everything we and I can promise you one thing to the Lady from Tarth…we won’t need therapy. Not at this point. We have been through everything. The Red Wedding, Ygritte right in front of Jon Snow, that big lovable goof Hodor, SHIREEN GETTING BURNED AT THE STAKE. Everyone who has watched 67 episodes of Game Of Thrones has been through fire and ice. We are basically iron-born now. We’ve seen Jon Snow die once, I think we can do it again. We are ready for anything.
    We are ready for blood though. Blood thirsty. And with that said let’s get ready for the month ahead with the most satisfying deaths in Game of Thrones history"...!
    Last edited by Kimbo; 05-20-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: profanity

Pinball Wizard
    The ending truly does not make any sense, meaning that Jon Snow being the chosen did not mean anything the whole time, the unsully where just going to let Tyrion and Jon Snow live with just a pad in the back, the Leaders were going to let Winterfell be independent but not themselves? too many holes in this ending.

The worse endings in TV history for me were Penny Dreadful and Lost, but this one came close. I did not expect a happy ending but this is neither shocking nor Logical, that being said it is the body of work by the series is one of the best, hope the books do a better job!!

Fire From Within

To be honest, I was ok with the ending but the show runners should have taken the money to make about 5 more episodes to flesh things out, or to generate other possible options that fans could have speculated on. Even if Jon Snow might have been the rightful heir to the throne, he did nothing to really earn it, besides being born. If anyone deserved it, it was Daenerys, but as we've seen in history, its pretty rare for conquerors to be great rulers. I think she would have been the most happiest in her life just going town-to-town burning stuff.

As far as the end, and Grey Worm getting vengeance for his queen dying, its was great that he actually bent to the will of the lords of Westeros, knowing that if he hadn't, he might not have gotten his people out of there and having to fight against recent allies. Beyond that, the council was a farce...Davos was right, how does he (and Samwell, Brienne and Arya, honestly) get a vote? Best line.... "Sit down, Uncle". I'm sure that this 'government' wouldn't hold as ambitious people will arise, but in all, its better than just killing off the queen and not getting the irony of Jon Snow taking on the black, again. How many guys are left in the Nights watch anyway, lol.

Bullwhale
    Samwell,is lord of house Tully, Brienne and Davos not sure why but maybe because they are nights,Arya did not vote

Pinball Wizard
    Everyone was warned that the ending would not be happy, and I didnt expect a happy ending but one that made sense. In the last three episodes it had three different villains, yep first the Night King, then Ceresei and then Daenerys. Talk about whiplash, then again. Then other Lords in the council being cool with the North being their own independent and not their was laughable. when the dragon melted the iron throne made a lot of people scratch their heads, how did Dragon know about the iron throne? did he have pictures? Again is all fantasy something about the writing this season was not up to par with the writing from previous seasons. Like i said before hopefully the book has a better plot ending!!

Anyways what happen to Ellaria Sands?

Fire From Within

The word I heard was "bittersweet". In the end, it was a big Stark win, but Dany did the most to 'earn' it. I get why the North probably earned their independence as they did save the rest of the continent, albeit with help from a part of the Dothraki and the Unsullied who helped long enough for Arya to rocket over white walkers. I thought Daenerys army was decimated... but I guess they had a lot of them in reserve, south, for what ever reason). Dorne and the Iron Islands... what do they have in value to the throne?

As far as Drogon, maybe Dany had sent her thoughts through the psychic connection, and Drogon knows to fly to find Kinvara to wake up his mom. I don't know about Eliaria, the same with Septa Unella, shame, shame, may have had a heart attack after seeing the Mountain, over and over again.

Pinball Wizard
    Could be but too many assumptions and unanswered questions, too rushed and with the lack of continuity from the writing from the previous seasons. I would have been okay with Jon Snow being chosen king hell even if Cersei won but the ending seemed out of line with the storyline. Bram even said that he was no longer a Stark and did not want to be King of the North, the pledge from the dothraki to be the blood riders for Dany which means they would die for her and yet they just "went away" after her death, If Arya did not go to Kingslanding after killing the Night King it would not have changed the story one bit. So many holes I can go on and on. Again i'm okay with the ending but common on by the way Daarios and his army would be okay also I doubt it. The actress Emilia Clark did not like the ending (obvious reasons) and the actor who played Bram first thought it was joke when he first read the script. Many feel it was a joke after watching the ending but it is what it is. On to the next best TV show!!!

Fire From Within

I heard that Arya had to go to Kings Landing, for POV for the novels. The 'list' and revenge arc still had yet to be totally resolved, but it all ended after The Hound sent her away. Its funny that Bran saying he didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell may have thrown off a lot of people thinking he wasn't willing to be in a bigger position... but even now, he really doesn't have to do anything as Tyrion will be a very active Hand.

I think too many people got invested in their opinions on who should have been on the throne at the end, and in reality... no one is... Bran has his portable 'throne', and the Iron Thone is melted, lol. I'd rather this ending, than wondering if Tony Soprano got whacked in the diner, or seeing the Seinfeld cast in jail.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast