Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Remote operation IR vs BT

Since the remote is capable of both IR and BT, which one is used to communicate with the XRS4500 ? Is it selectable? Can it be selectively turn on-off ? Cheers

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    If you have never went thru the 'Pairing' process then it should be set on it's default mode, which is the IR mode

Check the thread linked below.
    The first few paragraphs may have the info you looking for

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...up-instruction
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    If you have never went thru the 'Pairing' process then it should be set on it's default mode, which is the IR mode

Check the thread linked below.
    The first few paragraphs may have the info you looking for

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...up-instruction
    Thank you for the quick response and yes it answers most of my questions. What confused me is after pairing several boxes the BT seems weak and pending orientation/location of the box I get best response by aiming the RCU directly at the box. Isn't BT non-directional or no line of sight required as opposed to IR ?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigivn View Post
    Thank you for the quick response and yes it answers most of my questions. What confused me is after pairing several boxes the BT seems weak and pending orientation/location of the box I get best response by aiming the RCU directly at the box. Isn't BT non-directional or no line of sight required as opposed to IR ?
    I have had similar experiences with the BT mode.
    In the end I was not sure even if it was on BT mode, regardless as what the menus told me.
    What I ended up doing is connecting the IR Extender and everything worked great then, and so I never looked back since.

I would also be looking at any old and new updates and their release notes. That might tell us something too.

The 4000 series model seems to be the Team's 'go-to' model for testing and releasing updates, so you will see file releases for it before you may see for the 4500 models.
    Release notes will pretain to both models.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-24-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    the new sw will allow you to turn bt on and off

I'm not positive, but if I remember correctly, without BT being paired, many of the extra features of the remote, will not function.
    just FYI,
    /Shooty

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    I'm not positive, but if I remember correctly, without BT being paired, many of the extra features of the remote, will not function.
    just FYI,
    /Shooty
    remote is fully functional in ir mode

TV Addicted
    Which takes more power BT or IR ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigivn View Post
    Which takes more power BT or IR ?
    BT takes more power as it needs to be connected/paired with device all the time.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Even the Air Mouse?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast