TV Addicted

Remote batteries life.

Is it just my 3 boxes or others, where the remote batteries last only few months rather than a a year+ ? They measured 1.25V after less than 3 months use. I have now turned off the back lite and see if this helps.

Ambassador
    I've found that in all uses for batteries that the batteries aren't dead but the contacts, both on the batts and the device, get a little oxidized. If I just polish/clean the contacts with a pencil erasure or a scotch bright that they are fine again. The batts can also be tested with a volt meter to see if the voltage is still good or too low.

On my DL T3, Remote signal strength seemed to die off after about 2 months.
    New batteries, I could bounce the signal off back walls and still have it work.
    2 months later i would have to aim directly at the STB.

Then i remembered about the IR extender that came with the DL T3, so thought I would try it.
    It's been another 2 months, and i can still bounce the IRC signal off the back walls, and I can tuck my STB out of sight behind the TV.

*Should be a mandatory accessory.
    BTW, ...Only remote that ever lasted a year, was a remote I rarely used.

/Shooty

Warrior
    I went with rechargeables long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    On my DL T3, Remote signal strength seemed to die off after about 2 months.
    New batteries, I could bounce the signal off back walls and still have it work.
    2 months later i would have to aim directly at the STB.

Then i remembered about the IR extender that came with the DL T3, so thought I would try it.
    It's been another 2 months, and i can still bounce the IRC signal off the back walls, and I can tuck my STB out of sight behind the TV.

*Should be a mandatory accessory.
    BTW, ...Only remote that ever lasted a year, was a remote I rarely used.

/Shooty
    Yep. I have a DL T2 Prime and the IR extender is a gem!

get active
    It seems like the Logitech wireless keyboards, mice and the Gi 20 remotes that I use last a long time without changing the rechargeable batteries I put in them. I actually scrapped the air mouse remotes that came with the Beelink King GT boxes as they were a real pain to deal with when it came to using the volume up / down and they had no numbers so changing channels was another pain since I had to scroll through all the channels to go from one channel to another which may have made the batteries run down faster. If you have a remote control with no number pad, it could well be the cause if you're stuck with the same situation as I was having. I do highly recommend the Gi 20 remote as it has back lighting which comes on whenever you use it and quickly turns off when you set it down. Go with rechargeable batteries, they're worth getting if you get some good ones.