Junoir Member

Lightbulb Uniform Stream Descriptions

I have been heavy into using IPTV for almost 2 years now. Pretty much right from the start I realized how unreliable it is even after trying endless different providers with the same issues so I began a project to do something about it. One of the details of this project is a central database containing each channel with details for naming and identification. While this database is designed for my platform to do many other tasks, it can very well be used by providers as a way to assist in providing a clear, unified and concise nomenclature for channel descriptions. This can be used for standard channels but is most needed for US local stations, specifically ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CW, MyNetwork, telemundo, unimas and univision. The goal of offering this resource is to give providers a quick, free and accurate resource to help make stream descriptions with. Currently there are over 1200 regional stations listed however unimas and univision have not yet been added. The table is searchable and includes call signs, networks, states, cities and channel numbers to make locating a station quick and easy.

Please consider using this 4 point system when naming local/regional channels otherwise the description may not be accurate and always include a country of origin. 4 points or better is the goal.
    Call sign - 2 points
    Network - 2 points
    City - 1 point
    Channel Number - 1 point

call sign + network = 4 pts
    network + city + channel # = 4 pts
    call sign + city + channel # = 4 pts
    call sign + network + city = 5 pts

Good examples:
    ,US ABC WABC
    ,Locals ABC 7 New York
    ,USA WABC 7 New York

Poor examples:
    ,WABC 7
    ,US ABC New York
    ,USA WABC NY

If the 4 points are not met, other channels or specifically sub-channels may also fit the description as well making it unclear of which channel is actually being described.

I am not here to tell anyone how to do things but I am offering my resources that took a great deal of work for the benefit of everyone. I hope the community considers my offer and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

GMaster
    Last edited by catz; 12-14-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Warrior
    You should be aware that you should not be posting live links
    As far as your post on reliability you dont know ****

Junoir Member
    If I have breached the rules of the forum I apologize and I will gladly edit the post however I have read the "Forum Rules" page and there was no mention of posting links. If an administrator or moderator requests it be removed I will comply however it is not a solicitation of any kind and is only an information reference. As for the second part of your statement, you have no idea what I do and don't know. If I hurt your feelings by stating my experience then I suggest to do what most people do, keep it to yourself. Telling someone they don't know **** could be considered obscene or vulgar which is specifically mentioned in the rules.

Read again,

• Outside links must always be coded.

- Put [/code] at the end of the live link and [code] at the beginning of the live link... or
    - Choose "Go Advanced," highlight the link and click the # symbol on the right-hand side of the editor's tool bar.

• Links to other forums are prohibited.

• Links to Facebook or other non-secure sites are strictly prohibited.

• Links to and material from propaganda sites (as determined by staff) are strictly prohibited.