Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. fight

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.
    Saturday, November 28th
    9 pm Eastern time on PPV or streaming @ tysonontriller.com

The ytube below is Mike Tyson and Jimmy Kimmel
    Mike has a few good comebacks to Jimmy's questions.
    In one instance, Jimmy asked Mike if he'd be wearing a mask during this fight, to which Mike says no but his opponent would be after the fight
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SDopVjUPKA
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hmmmmm, the Biter getting Hungry Again...?!?
    Last edited by 4me2c; 11-21-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Before Mike Tyson went on to his professional boxing career, he had hopes of making the U.S. Olympic team back in 1984 for the Los Angeles Games.
    But Tyson dropped a pair of bouts that prevented him from making the boxing team.

Mike made his Professional Boxing debut on March 6th 1985 against Hector Mercedes
    It was a TKO in the first round, with the 18 year old Mike Tyson never giving Hector a chance.

On November 22, 1986, 20-year-old Mike Tyson knocks out 33-year-old Trevor Berbick in just five minutes and 35 seconds, to become the youngest World Heavy Weight Champion titleholder ever.

“I’m the youngest heavyweight boxing champion in history,” Tyson told his manager after the fight, “and I’m going to be the oldest.”

Tyson had won all 27 of the matches he’d fought before meeting up with Trevor Berbick, knocking out 26 of his opponents.
    He threw unbelievably hard punches–“pineapples,” trainer Angelo Dundee called them.
    Ref Mills Lane agreed: “Everything he’s got has ‘good night’ written all over it.”

Tyson kept his title for nine more bouts, until Buster Douglas beat him in 1990.
    After that, his life unraveled. He was sent to prison for three years. Then, five fights into his comeback in 1995, he bit off a part of Evander Holyfield’s ear and was disqualified.
    He retired for good in 2005.

Now in 2020, Iron Mike is BACK !!
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Well I gotta say that I am glad that I never had to pay to watch that fight.
    I know this was just an exhibition fight but was it worth the 45 or 50 bux at PPV or streaming prices ?
    Nope.

LOL, Jones Jr was bouncing around that ring trying not to get hit by Tyson.
    While Tyson looked like a fighter but that's about it, all looks.
    He never really threw anything that would hurt Jones. Lots of body shots.
    These guys did not wear head gear and their gloves were 12 oz instead of the 10 oz gloves the heavyweight fighters use.
    And 2 minute rounds instead of 3 minutes.
    And Snoop Dog was commentating the fight and tried to sound knowledgeable... haaaha

I guess the fight was exactly how it was suppose to be, with 2 old guys @ 54 and 50 years old. I do not know why I would expect anything else.
    I think I half expected for the fight to be cancelled due to fear .... lol ...Them old guys could get hurt in that ring !!!

Replay is live now on Ultimate events channels.

Ohhh and Tyson was the obvious winner with more punches thrown and more punches landed, round after round.... But they called it a Draw
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-29-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    "But they called it a Draw"

Just How Many and How Much did it Draw...?!? Asking for a Friend...!!!