Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

written during the First World War by Canadian physician Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

When 4me 1st glanced at this pic, it looked like Her Hair was Blue with Stars...!!!
    Last edited by 4me2c; 11-11-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    My father used to recite that, It is the story of the ages of the men and women who fought and died to achieve the objectives of their rulers or to be free of them. Sad to see our country that so many of the people I will put flags over today are watching as our Republic slips into the cesspool of a dictatorial monarchy. My flags will cover My Grandfather, two Silver Star winners two Bronze Star winners, The combat driver of General Dwight David Eisenhower, Five Viet Nam veterans, Brother in law and friends, An FOD uncle killed in a bomb raid by the 389th over Gotha, Germany in Feb 1944. Three other uncles from WWII and Korea. My Wife's uncles who served I now feel their fight was in vain some ways for a country taken over by the vile arrogant enemy they fought against. They all did us that have lived over the past 70 years the great service of protecting the freedoms that we have failed to protect for our children. My father told me a few years before he died exactly what would happen to the letter, He knew about governments, military tactics, the types of insurgencies that are mounted to take a peoples freedom, all of those things from being in the Army and being one of their prime troubleshooters and teachers. He knew all about political armies and free armies. NUFF SAID Thanks to all those in The National cemeteries, home town cemeteries and still walking this scorched earth you saved us all and you are the best of us!! Though some forget and others don't appreciate you There are many like I am that KNOW the world we live in NOW and the one you gave to us could never have existed without YOU!