Wing Commander

MAG 425A & Stalker

I have MAGs 254 & 275....just want to update to new MAG put in URL & go but have been reluctant since some MAGs do not work with Stalker.

From what I read the MAG 425A works on both platforms so this box should be just fine for what I want...correct?
    If it's electronic...it can be hacked...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzzard View Post
    I have MAGs 254 & 275....just want to update to new MAG put in URL & go but have been reluctant since some MAGs do not work with Stalker.

From what I read the MAG 425A works on both platforms so this box should be just fine for what I want...correct?
    I would double check that!!!

Recommend a Dreamlink T3 and stay away from MAGs

Wing Commander
    c/p

This genuine MAG425A uses the newest Stalker and Ministra which are different from mag254 and mag322 etc. It only support the 5.0+ middleware. It requires the login name , password and authorized URL. You need to ask your iptv supplier if the service supports MAG425A or not.

If you want to use the old IPTV service, you can install the STBEMU to use it.

Wing Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    I would double check that!!!

Recommend a Dreamlink T3 and stay away from MAGs
    I just received this from iptv66.com support

support@iks66.tv

6:27 PM (29 minutes ago)

to me

Hi,

The IPTV service is very portable, simple to setup and use, it basically works on any device or application that support the Middleware Stalker or M3U Playlists, like for example but not limited to:

Dreamlink T1. (highly recommended)
    MAG250, MAG254, MAG256 or any MAG STB from Infomir.
    KODI.
    Roku through IPTV M3U Playlist.
    Apple TV.
    Any Android based device.
    Engima 2 based STBs.
    VLC, ProgDVB or any other M3U media player.
    AVOV.
    PC: Windows, macOS and Linux.
    Dreamlink T1 Plus.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    That Mag425A is an Android, meaning that it has an Android operating system (OS)
    The A stands for Android.
    Most Mag boxes do not have an Android OS
    Your 254 or the 322 do not. They are Linux boxes without Android OS and only thing you can do with them is to connect to a server thru the Stalker Middleware, which is onboard those models.
    Stalker has been replaced with Ministra on the newer models. That 425A my have the Ministra.
    Ministra does not work with most servers, including the service supported here.
    That 425A is an Android thou so it has other ways to connect to any given server (iptvxtra, playlists and Players and etc, etc..).
    You can not set it up like you did with the 254 setup. Ministra is not supported thru papiao.
    Shooty's advice to stay away from Mags is good advice.

That message you received from iptv66 is very old and things have changed since.
    The Dreamlink newest model is now the T3
    The T3 will connect to papiao(iptv66) in a very similar way as did your mag 254
    They have onboard a similar application as what the Stalker was.

There are a handful of receivers that will connect in a similar way. They can all be seen with their own sub-forums here at iptvTlk
    -BuzzTV
    -Dreamlink
    -EZ Media Player
    -Global Boxes (these boxes have the exact same Stalker application as your mag254 did, but the android OS on these boxes is quite outdated, so might not be best choice).
    -Formuler

Other Androids that do not have that Middleware support can use 3rd party applications installed thru the Android OS, but they would not work or setup anything like the Stalker did.

check the thread linked below for a more up to date listing on supported devices
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...381#post201381
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    I know that alot of people do not like the MAG's but I do. The MAG 425A states that it supports both Ministra and Stalker so that is why I reach out to people on here for advice so I don't buy a both that isn't compatible with this service.

I have done my research and my final question about the MAG boxes is it appears that the MAG 424w3 box would work like the 254 as it is Linux based...is this correct?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I know that alot of people do not like the MAG's but I do. The MAG 425A states that it supports both Ministra and Stalker so that is why I reach out to people on here for advice so I don't buy a both that isn't compatible with this service.

I have done my research and my final question about the MAG boxes is it appears that the MAG 424w3 box would work like the 254 as it is Linux based...is this correct?
    Before I talk about the 424 model I should mention something that I forgot.
    The Mag models come in two versions for each model.
    examples:
    -254 is the sister model to the 255
    -322 is the sister model to the 323
    -424 is the sister model to the 425
    ... with each model showing as one number difference in the model name (322-323, etc).

The difference in some of these model versions is the security systems they have onboard. The higher numbered models have a security system that makes them a locked unit , unless that security system is implemented , while the lower number version has an Open Platform (or something like that).
    Secure Media, Verimatrix Advanced Profile compared to Open platform

BUT with the 424 and the 425 this does not hold true. These have the difference on the one having the extra Android OS while the other does not.

Being a Linux box does not really determine what it has onboard.
    Some will have the Stalker and some will have the Ministra, but they are all Linux boxes.

The addition of the Android OS does not mean that also carries the Ministra, it could carry the Stalker.
    The Android OS would have nothing to do with any of that.

While the 'A' in the Mag425A stood for Android, the 'W' in the 424W3 stands for WiFi... which means it has built in WiFi instead of having to use a WiFi attached dongle.

But according to the infomir website, the 424 models come with the Ministra Middleware.
    Check the link below and near the bottom is the Specs and is where the Middleware supported version is onboard. The new ones are the Ministra, you might find an older one with Stalker.

The Stalker or Ministra would be on the Android version too (with it being the Ministra).

Code:
    https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag424/
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-24-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

The MAG425A is a well configured Android based STB, but it will not work with this Service because it is Ministra based client (NOT Stalker).
    *Ministra is not backwards compatible with any Stalker based Service providers.
    Here is the Specs;
    Code:
    https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/mag425A/
    /Shooty
    Last edited by catz; 10-26-2020 at 09:55 PM.