Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KODI 18.8 and VLC no longer working? MACBOOK PRO

Any idea when the protocols that were changed will go back or be fixed so that we can use KODI and VLC? Other apps seem to work OK like GSE Smart IPTV. Any help would be appriciated.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diode View Post
    Any idea when the protocols that were changed will go back or be fixed so that we can use KODI and VLC? Other apps seem to work OK like GSE Smart IPTV. Any help would be appriciated.
    I have sent in an email to administration asking about all this. I have not got a reply yet.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks Crazed 8.4..... You are the SuperMod!

I heard vlc did away with there m3u feature, don’t know
    About kodi
    Lets Go !

Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    I heard vlc did away with there m3u feature, donÂ’t know
    About kodi
    I have the issues with kodi but i am streaming on VLC with the same M3U of my kodi box and its working just fine. I really hope they can get the issue with kodi fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    I heard vlc did away with there m3u feature, don’t know
    About kodi
    Thanks for your response Bkman2020! VLC does most m3u list just fine.... at least on my MACBOOK. I'll have to try some other platforms with VLC. KODI is dead in the water for this provider right now. I hope they fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pendlet View Post
    I have the issues with kodi but i am streaming on VLC with the same M3U of my kodi box and its working just fine. I really hope they can get the issue with kodi fixed.
    Thanks pendlet! I did find a few channels that would work on VLC and also playlistloader. I believe that our host here just provides the inks for us.... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cloudflare DNS Issues; Give TiviMate a Try

Thanks pendlet! I did find a few channels that would work on VLC and also playlistloader. I believe that our host here just provides the inks for us.... Keeping my fingers crossed.
    The issue is not actually with KODI but with Cloudflare, the DNS that resolves the links for streams from this provider. While the streams will not play from the Simple Client PVR, they will play from the Playlist Loader. The downside of the Playlist Loader (and VLC) is no EPG support which renders it useless for a large playlist IMO. The Cloudflare issue has been addressed with their support team and they say that a fix "is imminent". Until that happens, I find that TiviMate from the Google Play Store works fine with all playlists and might just be the best player for IPTV out there; it's highly customizable and out of the box will let you assign 2 EPG sources. I have playlists from 2 subs that won't currently play in KODI and 1 that does. I personally just prefer to use KODI as my media center of choice as I like the library aspect of it and interaction with Trakt.tv and a couple of addons.

Shouldn't be too long before KODI's PVR can once again stream all playlists.

Cheers.
    Last edited by expatter; 10-21-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    The issue is not actually with KODI but with Cloudflare, the DNS that resolves the links for streams from this provider. While the streams will not play from the Simple Client PVR, they will play from the Playlist Loader. The downside of the Playlist Loader (and VLC) is no EPG support which renders it useless for a large playlist IMO. The Cloudflare issue has been addressed with their support team and they say that a fix "is imminent". Until that happens, I find that TiviMate from the Google Play Store works fine with all playlists and might just be the best player for IPTV out there; it's highly customizable and out of the box will let you assign 2 EPG sources. I have playlists from 2 subs that won't currently play in KODI and 1 that does. I personally just prefer to use KODI as my media center of choice as I like the library aspect of it and interaction with Trakt.tv and a couple of addons.

Shouldn't be too long before KODI's PVR can once again stream all playlists.

Cheers.
    Thanks expatter, I had read about the cloudfare problem. I hope they get it fixed soon. By the way, my playlist loader does not work either.

Thanks expatter, I had read about the cloudfare problem. I hope they get it fixed soon. By the way, my playlist loader does not work either.
    It is odd that some things work on some systems and not others but that's just the way it is. I just added the m3u to the Playlist Loader (version 1.2.0) and it worked for me, just took a while to load and then stream. The Kodi for Android version 18.8 that Shooty posted fixed the problem for me. I use a Skystream III Plus Android Box.

I go back and forth from Kodi and TiviMate but really prefer Kodi as a Total Media Center.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast