Register

coingate invalid

Just as an fyi, I attempted to obtain some rockets using coingate to purchase bitcoin; my VISA card rejected the transaction. I called VISA and they told me that transactions with coingate are illegal, and they cannot process them. Go figure...

Can you use a bitcoin atm machine? Or use BTC mining (PayPal)

I'm pretty rural; IDK where I might find an ATM. Does one have to set up an account first?

The only thing you need for the bitcoin atm is cash. You scan the bar code, put in cash and thats it. If there's not one around you, try btc mining option.

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcarnut View Post
    I'm pretty rural; IDK where I might find an ATM. Does one have to set up an account first?
    Please understand, the ATM must be a Bitcoin ATM, not a bank ATM. You can do an online search for Bitcoin ATM's and you should be able to locate the one nearest to where you are. For example, I found one in a corner grocery store so you may be surprised to find a Bitcoin ATM closer than you ever thought or imagined as they are not always in Big town or a city.
    When you go and place your order for credits, you can decide on which type of donation you want to make it to as its up to you to decide. After going with your choice, rocket or whatever, you choose the number of credits you want and it will show you the amount and ask you how you want to pay. Choose Bitcoin ATM. Write down the donation number, the exact amount to pay and take a photo of the Bitcoin code with your cellphone.
    When you find the Bitcoin ATM you want to go to, take your cellphone with the Bitcoin code, the exact amount you were instructed to donate for your order to the Bitcoin ATM. Keep this simple and just follow instructions when you get to the Bitcoin ATM. The first thing you will enter is how much you want to send and you put the exact amount in. Next it will ask you where you want to send it and ask you for the Bitcoin code or number which you will use your cellphone to locate the photo of the code you took. Show it to the screen and it will confirm and ask you to confirm sending the amount.
    Once it sends the funds, it will provide a print out of the transaction, KEEP this along with the order number for future reference in case you need the information to confirm the money or purchase made.
    There is nothing else you need, forget about who pays for the sending or the transaction or anything else relating to bitcoin wallets or whatever else as you simply don't need it. Biggest things to remember is the Code you will see when you go to place an order, the exact amount in the currency you are using and keeping the information. The rest relates to the Bitcoin ATM, following the instructions and knowing its a whole lot simpler than you ever imagined it to be but then everything is simple once you know how.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 10-16-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Random Engineer
    The Bitcoin ATM process has changed this year (In Canada anyway). I used to be able to just scan barcode and pay. Now you need to enter your phone number and then they send you a confirmation text or PIN by Cell Phone before you can scan the barcode. I don't own a Cell Phone (and never will) so I couldn't use the Bitcoin ATM to scan the barcode.
    I used the Paypal way instead. Took a week but it went thru. I liked using Bitcoin ATM but that's over now.