Thread: Hurricane Delta

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Hurricane Delta

Hurricane Delta hits coast on the heels of Hurricane Laura

Hurricane Delta has weakened to a Category 1 storm after making landfall as a Category 2 near Creole, Louisiana (Oct 9).

Delta is the 10th named storm to make landfall in the US this season, setting the record for the most in one year.
    It's the fifth hurricane to make landfall, the most storms the US has seen since 2005.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

???... "Delta is the 10th named storm to make landfall in the US this season, setting the record for the most in one year.
    It's the fifth hurricane to make landfall, the most storms the US has seen since 2005."...???

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    not all storms are hurricanes. Which means many were downgraded to Tropical storms and not Hurricanes.
    So add them tropical storms with the Hurricane storms then that makes up the 10, or so I guess is what they are defining.

the source was probably iffy and I should have gotten a better source.. It seemed that the source I used was more interested in showing climate change as the largest factor and not taking care at the wording of other facts they are publishing. I did only post here what was seemed to be important of everything they had , and as you can see it is very minimal
    I should have known and did know as their other news was broken up and mixed up, unless they were talking about climate change and then they made things clear... damn news media giving only partial truths again !!
    Is why I only took a sentence or two out of everything they reported
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Media Suger-coated Mistakes...!!!

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Funny that the news media is always following the narrative of an unproven theory as if it were a fact. There is NO actual proof of man made climate change, IN fact there IS no way to prove it. The actual amounts of gasses contained in the atmosphere are so vast and mobile that every bit of any type of human created emission from a baby's fart to an atomic explosion is so miniscule as to be negligible. Consider putting a quart of red food coloring into the ocean system and you will just about see the effect all of mans emissions throughout the industrial era have introduced into the climate. You won't find that information anymore because of the trillions of dollars that climate change has put into the pockets and power progression plan of the leftist who are touting it. History is a real problem or their narrative because of the changes in the world land masses and the negative changes in the temperatures for the last six hundred years when compared to the 1400's Our current frost line is in some instances hundreds of miles south of the frost line that existed in the 1400's. History debunks the theory and so along with racial injustice, it must be destroyed and suppressed on all fronts. My mother was trained as a teacher, but never taught school because my father was career military and we had to move sometimes in the middle of a school year or even to a foreign country. She taught me to read as soon as I could talk and I read every volume of the encyclopedia Americana and Britannica, two large tomes of the World Atlas each was thousands of pages. You would be surprised what a person can learn from those pre-remade history volumes about events and timelines of events written by the people who lived through them. They were very detailed in their descriptions and had the names of almost every person involved in things like the signing of the Magna Carta with a Bio and historic lineage of them. It had the genealogical track of tens of thousands of historic people from Atilla the Hun to Hirohito, A to PV and PV to Z both weighed about two or three pounds leather bound and were of thin strong paper. They disappeared after my niece and her thug friends moved into my Parents house after their death and destroyed everything. I wish I still had them but I remember quite a lot about all thing scientific from them. ZZZZZ time up. Nuff said keep safe and sane my friends.