Considering Purchase of DreamLink T1 Plus

Thank you for reading my post, and thank you in advance if you respond to my post. I currently have a DreamLink D-Lite, which has given me several years of good service. It's developing some issues, and may be time to replace it with a new unit. I was considering the DreamLink-T1-Plus. I'm assuming the set up will be similar, so I should be able to do it, since I did the D-Lite. I just have to remember how to enter all of my rocket information into it, which I haven't done in a long time. I bought the lifetime donation, so I wouldn't have to re-enter it every year. Unfortunately, this means I'm out of practice, so I'll probably screw it up the first few times. I'm also assuming the use will be similar. Can anybody help with experience or information regarding both of these two subjects so I can figure out what to buy?
    I look forward to hearing back from somebody soon.
    Crazed always seems to respond quickly to my DreamLink questions, and I rely heavily on that knowledge and expertise.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The dreamlink T1Plus is outdated. It still works fine and still gets updates still, but the Dreamlink has a few more newer models other then the T1+

T2
    T2 Prime
    T3

The setups for the T1+ and the T2 models are similar and the T3 is a bit different but basically similar (which means that its not difficult to follow).
    They have abundant sticky threads and we can help thru any difficulties.

That T3 is the newest and is somewhat different in how it works. It has more bells and whistles basically is the differences.

The DLite models were the base model so to speak,so you will find with the T1 or the T2 or the T3 that they all have more functionality then that DLite, but server setups are rather similar.

Setting up a server on the Dreamlinks is pretty easy.
    Just link the MAC to your code at the service website and then enter the Sever URL into the dreamlink server setup menu and that's pretty much it. You no longer need to enter your username and password credentials, as long as a MAC is attached and that URL is entered correctly, that's it.

You will have other methods available to connect to server with too with these dreamlink models. the Playlist method works very well on these dreamlinks, but the MAC method also works well... just more options is all .... an example if using the Playlist URL method, then you can also use multiple EPG sources and are not held with just the one source ,which s nice when one source is faulty. Thats just an example of how options can be used

Also with these dreamlinks they connect easier with less steps when going back and forth between mac and playlist methods. You do not need to remove the MAC from your code when going back and forth, while other brand name boxes you would need to log on each time ad remove or add the mac when needed.. Just another way that options are nice

If you can spend the extra for the T3 then that's the way to go especially if you do want to test out these Playlist methods as that T3 is the best at it.
    The T3 also has options to do many things that the T2 does not have. They are all (mostly all) posted in sticky threads

Look for a T2 model or a T3 model instead of that T1 model
    And any setup questions, we will be here
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-01-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    The dreamlink T1Plus is outdated. It still works fine and still gets updates still, but the Dreamlink has a few more newer models other then the T1+

T2
    T2 Prime
    T3

The setups for the T1+ and the T2 models are similar and the T3 is a bit different but basically similar (which means that its not difficult to follow).
    They have abundant sticky threads and we can help thru any difficulties.

That T3 is the newest and is somewhat different in how it works. It has more bells and whistles basically is the differences.

The DLite models were the base model so to speak,so you will find with the T1 or the T2 or the T3 that they all have more functionality then that DLite, but server setups are rather similar.

Setting up a server on the Dreamlinks is pretty easy.
    Just link the MAC to your code at the service website and then enter the Sever URL into the dreamlink server setup menu and that's pretty much it. You no longer need to enter your username and password credentials, as long as a MAC is attached and that URL is entered correctly, that's it.

You will have other methods available to connect to server with too with these dreamlink models. the Playlist method works very well on these dreamlinks, but the MAC method also works well... just more options is all .... an example if using the Playlist URL method, then you can also use multiple EPG sources and are not held with just the one source ,which s nice when one source is faulty. Thats just an example of how options can be used

Also with these dreamlinks they connect easier with less steps when going back and forth between mac and playlist methods. You do not need to remove the MAC from your code when going back and forth, while other brand name boxes you would need to log on each time ad remove or add the mac when needed.. Just another way that options are nice

If you can spend the extra for the T3 then that's the way to go especially if you do want to test out these Playlist methods as that T3 is the best at it.
    The T3 also has options to do many things that the T2 does not have. They are all (mostly all) posted in sticky threads

Look for a T2 model or a T3 model instead of that T1 model
    And any setup questions, we will be here

Thank you Crazed... I had a feeling you would be my savior in this quest, as you always are. I really just use my D-Lite for some basic TV watching. I movie here and there, when I don't feel like paying for a PPV. I sports event from time to time. And, of course, I also check out the Adult channels once in a while, as well. I don't get very technical with any of it, so I don't know if the channel list subject or various connection subjects you mentioned will really come in to play here. However, in the years I've been taking suggestions and guidance from you, you have always steered me in the right direction. So, in turn, I will be buying a T-3, since that seems to be what you feel will serve me best. My question is, does this Forum have a preferred vendor for this purchase? Also, on another unrelated note, I tried to check my Rocket Donation this morning on the Rocket Page. Its a lifetime membership, but I was checking it to write down my user name and password and MAC address for my new purchase. When I went to the page and entered my email and Rocket number and told it I am not a Robot and clicked Check Rocket, it just keeps looping back to the Main Page. Its not an important issue right now, but somebody may want to look into this. I can't be the only person wanting to check my Rocket. If others are trying, they may get frustrated on this. I'll get back to this thread once you tell me who to buy from and m6 new purchase arrives. Thank you again for always being there and always being so helpful. We need the "THANK YOU" button back on the forum. Iol.

Code:
    https://dreamlinkmedia.tech/
    or

Code:
    https://dreamlinkstore.com/
    There are a couple stores to check out.

If that rocket site is still not working for you when the times comes to need it, please send me a PM

That T2 should be be just as good for your needs and you can save a bit of money on the T2 compared to the T3
    Your choice my friend
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-02-2020 at 12:01 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Code:
    https://dreamlinkmedia.tech/
    or

Code:
    https://dreamlinkstore.com/
    There are a couple stores to check out.

If that rocket site is still not working for you when the times comes to need it, please send me a PM

That T2 should be be just as good for your needs and you can save a bit of money on the T2 compared to the T3
    Your choice my friend
    Thank you Crazed. I bought a T-3. It was only a few dollars more than the T-2s I found on the web. Maybe, since it's a newer design, it may be supported by updates for a longer time period??? Anyway, I tried the Rocket Checker Web Page again, and it is still not working. I enter my email address, and enter my Rocket number, and tell it I am not a robot, and click Check Rockets, and it just loops back to the original page but clears out the information I had entered into it. Since my current DreamLink D-Lite won't boot up anymore, I'll need to figure out a way to get my MAC address. I think I may have it printed out somewhere at home, but I'm not positive. My new T-3 should be delivered today, and may be there by the time I get home from work this afternoon. It was on Amazon, and I have Prime Membership, so shipping was free and next day. I can't complain about free. LoL This all brings me to my next question. I have LifeTime Rocket. I only have that one Rocket, because it's all I need. When I try to boot up my New T-3, will Rocket's computer recognize that my D-Lite is now off line and allow the New T-3 to connect? Or, will Rocket think I'm trying to run two units off of one Rocket and ban me for life when it all happens? I would hate to lose the money I just spent for my LifeTime Rocket.

That D-Lite MAC may be found on a sticker on the bottom of the device.
    But it does not matter about that MAC. When you get the T3 and log on to your code at the website, you would simply replace the DLite MAC with the T3 MAC
    That also eliminates the thought about having two receivers connected at same time thru one code, as it can't be done if and when that MAC is changed to the T3's MAC at the website, then that eliminates the possibility of the DLite also being connected
    So In other words --> no worries

The reason for the issue when trying to log onto your Rocket code is prolly due to the next authentication screen that you should have seen. It pops up directly after you complete the captcha robot question and it is a window with a bunch of pictures and you are asked which ones have a tree in them or etc... Since you are not seeing this window pop up and it is at that exact time that you are seeing the loop back to original screen... So what to try is prolly a different web browser will fix that issue. Or if you still having issues then send me a private message with your T3 MAC and your code access and I can get that MAC changed over for you.
    - Frank Zappa