3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation Helen Reddy at 78, May She R I P ...!!!

Helen Maxine Reddy (25 October 1941 – 29 September 2020) was an Australian-American singer, actress and activist. Born in Melbourne, Victoria, to a show-business family, Reddy started her career as an entertainer at age four. She sang on radio and television and won a talent contest on the television program, Bandstand,[a] in 1966; her prize was a ticket to New York City and a record audition, which was unsuccessful. She pursued her international singing career by moving to Chicago and, subsequently, Los Angeles, where she made her debut singles "One Way Ticket" and "I Believe in Music" in 1968 and 1970 respectively. The B-side of the latter single, "I Don't Know How to Love Him", reached No. 8 on the pop chart of Canadian magazine RPM. She was signed to Capitol Records a year later.

On a Side Note :

"
    Mac Davis and Helen Reddy probably spent as much time on TV soundstages in the mid-’70s as they did in recording studios. It’s easy to see why TV producers came calling as soon as they landed their breakthrough hits in the early ‘70s -- both stars had an easygoing manner and a broad appeal that made them ideal for television.
    Both singers died on Tuesday (Sept. 29) -- at the same age (78)."

Fire From Within

Fire From Within

Fire From Within

She had a very distinctive voice, and was the first Austrailian mega star.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Helen Reddy was one of my favorites when I was a kid growing up, or I should say one of my Mom's favorites, which by default also made her one of mine
    RIP

These two (Helen and Mac) were in fact both in the charts at my house growing up.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa