Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    12icer, I will work on getting a couple sub-forums for this sort of thing.
    We then could then have things seperated better and that would work better for topics and etc...

Its hard to ignore things these days, so we might as well figure out a way to discuss it all.

I will get it done asap, will try for tomorrow.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Thanx Crazed, not a political forum, but just a get to know our friends and the newbies here at The forum better, what they think of many things this was just one thing to get opinions and Knowledge from those who know things some of the rest of us don't. I miss some of the old friends who have left us too. But anything that brings more conversation , and more civil social interaction is good for all of us. NO FLAMING, personal attacks or arguments would be a good thing. Hope it will work out if it doesn't, close it quicker than a rocket. I was bumping up the "mornin coffee", and the "NITE OWLS" hoping to get some more peeps to join in since KK started them, but most just use the forum for quick TV I guess. I would say there are very few out there who could setup a dual band BUD, or even know what the old Al7bar was.
    Last edited by 12icer; 10-04-2020 at 08:55 PM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    I Remember many, Many, MANY Channels from All those sats up in the wild Blue...!!!

Haven't used a Pan in almost ten years... Are all those Channels still available or are they Owned by the Big Players Now...?!?

Haven't even visited Lyngsat in a long long time either...!!!

Warrior
    recent cband hack changed things

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Yeah If I get out of line, I should have no problem having a post deleted. Civility is needed but hard to come by from some.
    Here Ya go, even Mentions You... Lol...!!!

"The Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation, known informally as the “sanctuary op,” could begin in California as soon as later this week. It would then expand to cities including Denver and Philadelphia, according to two of the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive government law enforcement plans.

Chad Wolf, acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, probably will travel to at least one of the jurisdictions where the operation will take place to boost President Trump’s claims that leaders in those cities have failed to protect residents from dangerous criminals, two officials said.

Trump has inveighed against sanctuary jurisdictions throughout his presidency, and he has expanded those attacks to include Democratic mayors in cities convulsed by racial justice demonstrations and sporadic rioting after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The immigration operation would sync with two themes of Trump’s reelection campaign: his crackdown on immigration and his push to vilify cities led by Democrats, whom he blames for crime and violence.

An ICE spokesperson emphasized that enforcement action by the agency prioritizes immigrants with criminal records.

Most arrests by ICE take place after they have been notified about an immigrant’s pending release from jails or state prisons."

That ^ should have been implemented many moons ago...!!!
    Last edited by 4me2c; 10-04-2020 at 09:46 PM.

TV Addicted
    "recent cband hack changed things"

Could you elaborate I have a couple of old boards and a receiver I think
    I didnt think there was much left on them

Good to see your name in the news other than an obit or arrest report. I still have a Rainbird 9ft spun aluminum dual band and a positioner for any rec. haven't used any for a long time. The old stuff was pretty easy to set up and maintain. but some of the new stuff doesn't come with the things you had then. I used to use Navi-x all the time, It was a window on the world, but it is just like OTA, they didn't get to control it or make money from it so they legislated it out of existence. Same thing with all the computer programs you get these days, you get trial and partial programs that require a subscription to some service to use all the features. I had a windows 3.1 computer that was much more productive than the ones I have around now. I had thousands of fonts, thousands of card designs, and a picture program that would stitch together a panorama and match the frames to transition exactly. All of that and no cloud crap, no massive amount of memory or disk space. the reason programs use so much of both now is their connections to the spy networks that keep a file on your browsing, purchases, items you just look at, and watch the things you buy so they can cross-reference it with any way they can make money off of you. It is not progress, it is regress to no privacy, no security and no anonymity.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Okay I did some changes on the boards.
    This sub-forum we are currently in here is named as 'Media in Review' ... but as you may have seen it is not just Media topics. Looking at the threads I have moved here you may get the idea as what I am trying to create here as a sub-forum. Something with the Media topic and other topics like conspiracies and etc, etc... The sub-forum will need a new name, i know this but I am too tired right now to complete all this and I will get it finished up tomorrow or try to and then we can go from there

I dd a bunch of of house keeping things and some additions and some things as well... Have a look at the boards guys and you may see them
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

crazybobs TV Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Thanx Crazed, not a political forum, but just a get to know our friends and the newbies here at The forum better, what they think of many things this was just one thing to get opinions and Knowledge from those who know things some of the rest of us don't. I miss some of the old friends who have left us too. But anything that brings more conversation , and more civil social interaction is good for all of us. NO FLAMING, personal attacks or arguments would be a good thing. Hope it will work out if it doesn't, close it quicker than a rocket. I was bumping up the "mornin coffee", and the "NITE OWLS" hoping to get some more peeps to join in since KK started them, but most just use the forum for quick TV I guess. I would say there are very few out there who could setup a dual band BUD, or even know what the old Al7bar was.
    I remember Al7bar WOW the trouble we used to go through ! I was a hobby then.

Outstanding job Crazed, we just hope everyone respects the civility and treats it as a meeting place. Yeah BBOB lot of good old times in the no name hobby.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast