Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TV Addicted
    Just wanted to know why anyone would vote for a man who has been living off the tax payer for 47 years ..became a millionaire but never worked a day in his life.......Many years ago we had Statesmen ...who worked for a living and then ran for political office to fulfil their civic duty for a short time...and then go back to civilian life and work.............

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Some time ago in Staff discussions, we thought about having a section for this kinda of thing as what this thread is titled (Lies and Omissions in Media).
    Conspiracies and all that stuff to be included.
    But to do that would be opening a big can of worms
    So many things could go wrong, like partisan views and the arguments that could and usually does bring.
    There are also those that will be offended with certain things posted. We are in a whole new era on what we consider offensive these days.
    There are also issues with posting or directing to 'fake news' or partial news quoted out of context.
    Those that be are editing sites and things posted on sites and putting Social Media sites onto watch lists and all that craziness. I know we at iptv site are not what is considered a 'Social media' site , but I would hate to be put on some 'watchlist'.
    Who will moderate all this if we allow it on site here ?
    Send more Moderators, lol

Is basically why there has never been a 'Rumors' forum here.

But if the members here wanna see something like this then who be it me to interfere ??

Did you know that the Volkswagon Automaker lied and even put devices in place to substantiate their lie, in order to keep selling vehicles that would have otherwise never passed emission tests in some States and Countrys ?

What about Fox News holding back certain evidence about what Monsata was and has been doing to the Dairy industry ?

There are lots of things out there that can fall under this thread... Let's just hope we do not attract the boys in the Ice-Cream suits or even them BLM crazzies... not that the idea is crazy, but just them rioters and criminals are the crazies... or is that suppossed to be 'peaceful protestors' ... and with their governments looking on and even in one case joining in !

What about florid in the water and what they never told us ?

Okay, I will stop now.... damn

Yeah I don't mean to have a political forum fight here, I just want to know what peeps think of the news media companies and their coverage or all media companies as far as that goes as the things like the Netflix "Cuties"? or whatever the name is that we see from them daily and get an idea of what peeps think is going on here. Political leaning and discussion is one thing but trying to convince someone to change their viewpoint to yours is best left to Political forums or in person conversations. As for Trumps covid, it is sad that we will have to deal with all of the scum rejoicing in his illness and calling for his death. It just proves beyond any doubt what kind of people they really are.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I remember something that Michael Moore once said.
    It went something like this....

Michael Moore is a documentary writer and producer and directer.
    He also has been known for full length movies. One of those was 'Canadian Bacon', which is a fantastically funny satire.
    But anyway, his documentaries are or can be controversial towards governments or corporations and also towards the media.
    Moore asked himself, why do these same corps which he exposes as 'monsters', allow his content to be shown thru their media platforms, and even at times the corps will produce that same documentary.
    So why would they produce something that shows they themselves as monsters?
    Moore at that moment knew the answer.
    Because they do not care.
    If the copy sells, then they will sell it. No matter or no thought about anything else.

As most know these days, the media is largely owned by a handful of corps.

C/P
    Globally, large media conglomerates include Bertelsmann, National Amusements (Viacom CBS), Sony Corporation, News Corp, Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, AT&T Inc., Fox Corporation, Hearst Communications, MGM Holdings Inc., Grupo Globo (South America), and Lagardère Group.
    As of 2020, the largest media conglomerates in terms of revenue rank Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, AT&T, and Viacom CBS.
    per Forbes.
    -end c/p
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-03-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Never did 4me Know that Moore had anything to do with "Canadian Bacon" although Now that 4me "Thinks" about it, "Frost-bite" just might explain what happened to him...!!!

Find it Hard on a Daily Basis to find any "Good and Truthful" "News" media...!
    Seems Most All have an Agenda of telling their sides or their Sponsor's Sides...!!
    The "Truth" is Left by the Way-side...!!!

As far as Covid and it's Effects on US, Hope All will bee OK, esp the People Who are in "Charge" of US as "We the People" Need Competent Leaders on Capital Hill Who Care More for US than Themselves...! There used to bee Many that did just that, Lately it seems Most Care about "Me, Myself and I" and Hell with the Rest...!!!

On a Side Note seems there is a post missing... GOOD...! If One can't or won't bee Civil then One shouldn't post...!!! Thanks to Whom-ever "Drains Our Swamp" Here...!

Take Care, Remain Vigilant, Stay Safe for Yourself and Your Families and Friends, May GOD Bless All...!

"Keep Your Distance"...! Don't Rub Yours eyes when You 1st wake up as You have no Idea where Yours Hands and Fingers have been...!!

Yeah If I get out of line, I should have no problem having a post deleted. Civility is needed but hard to come by from some.

Warrior
    I dislike the elw as much as the erw
    I did have to laugh at this on fox

Matt Gaetz argues Trump catching COVID after ignoring CDC guidance means coronavirus rules don’t work

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) argued on Fox News that President Donald Trump catching coronavirus means that the guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control don’t work.

Gaetz made his argument to Tucker Carlson after Trump was airlifted to Walter Reed Hospital.

“What I can tell you is if this virus can get into the Oval, into the body of the president, there is no place where it could not possibly infect one of our fellow Americans,” Gaetz argued, ignoring the fact that Trump had constantly engaged in risky behavior like holding packed campaign rallies across the country while refusing to wear a mask.

“And that’s why it’s so important to continue executing on President Trump’s strategy to allow our country to open up, but then to ensure we protect the vulnerable because there is no lockdown that can be a panacea to save everyone from everything — and this is proof-positive that’s the case,” he argued, doubling down on the approach that resulted in Trump’s hospitalization.

Carlson agreed.

“It’s such a smart point. I mean, if the president can get this virus, then it tells you a lot about our ability to protect ourselves from it,” Carlson said, ignoring the fact that Trump defiantly ignored all the protections to protect oneself from COVID-19.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    “What I can tell you is if this virus can get into the Oval, into the body of the president, there is no place where it could not possibly infect one of our fellow Americans,” Gaetz argued, ignoring the fact that Trump had constantly engaged in risky behavior like holding packed campaign rallies across the country while refusing to wear a mask."

I Wonder if he even realizes that THAT is the Main Reason Trump was moved to Walter Reed...?!?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    There has not been any posts deleted from this thread.
    Perhaps another post in another thread was being referred to?
    Regardless thou, we are not gonna single out individual posts and delete them because we do not agree with what they say.
    That would make this one sided and all very unfair
    If we are gonna allow this discussion, we must not be allowed to censor it.
    I am worried thou that members will diss each other,and I hope that will not happen.
    If it does happen, then I will have no choice but to close the thread
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    This thread is one political sneeze away from getting Covid and need to be quarantined

I don't want this to be a political fight thread, it is an open opinion, not a "your bad, I'm not", thread, if it has to be that then it isn't worth keeping open. The idea is find out what people think is true and hat they think is false in the media, and let them explain their view, like Crazed did with the Michael Moore thing. it has nothing to do with the politics of the outlet it has to do with each persons perception of the story. Like they are saying that Acosta said that Trump finally said he disavowed white supremacist, Is that true partly true or not true just your opinion and why you think that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast