audio and video sync drifts apart

a lot of people i know there audio and video are drifting apart. when a channel first opens the audio and video match perfectly, however after about 2 minutes or less the audio is 30 seconds or so into the future ahead of what you are seeng? changing the channel and then back resets it temporarily but it instantly starts drifting apart right away again.

is there anything i can adjust or change the pids to get a better match, or maybe even something simpler like a buffer setting or disk drive size allocation? is it provider countermeasures? thanks in advance.

This may be your application you are using and/or your video codec firmware processing method.

I've noticed many channels having sync problems, that are causing this problem (so it is caused by the channel source, not you).
    What I am refferring to though, is how your system handles this.
    Some applications/ devices, will dump the corrupt data blocks, and continue, glitched but in sync.
    Others may not error correct properly, and continue without assuring video/audio block alignment.
    ...just an fyi!
    /Shooty

since it is coming from the channel source is it a countermeasure? thanks for taking the time to respond

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunneric View Post
    since it is coming from the channel source is it a countermeasure? thanks for taking the time to respond
    It would not be a problem with the original source, but from the transmission and processing of the signal to the Users.
    *Transcoding of a glitchy Source signal, Server latency of re-transmitting the data to the users, etc.