3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Man has been searhing for answers for Years...

Code:
     https://lordsofthedrinks.com/2014/03/18/10-alcoholic-drinks-to-replace-the-pills-in-your-medicine-cabinet/
    "1. Absynthe
    Absynthe was invented during the French revolution (1789-1799) by Dr. Pierre Ordinaire as a medicine for almost everything. This miracle potion was recommended for treating epilepsy, kidney stones, headaches, worms and many more things. Dr. Ordinaire travelled the countryside to promote his new drug, but soon enough it became the most popular drink in France. Many great painters, like Vincent van Gogh, and other artists also used this medicine to boost their creativity, or so they claimed.

2. Cognac/Brandy:
    Brandy was very popular medicine in the 19th and early 20th century. Primarily as a cardiac stimulant, meaning it was believed to be good for the heart and blood pressure. A 2007 study in France proved that the number of heart patients in Gascony (the region of the Armagnac cognac) was extremely low. Apparently this medicine still works.

3. Jenever/Gin:
    This drink was invented in the 16th century as the Plague killed one third of the total population in Western Europe. As we told you in our special post on jenever this drink owes it’s name to the Dutch name for juniper. These small berries were already known for their healing powers and so the jenever potion was distributed as a remedy for the ‘black death’.

4. Ouzo:
    Greek ouzo is believed to have so many uses in Greek folk medicine that it also goes by the name to farmako (the medicine). Of course the alcohol does it’s part like in all other drinks, but ouzo also contains many herbs that are believed to have healing effects. One of them of course being anise, that gives the drink it’s special flavor. Similar drinks are mastika (masticha in Bulgarian) and sambuca.

5. Whiskey:
    The name whiskey comes from the Gaelic word uisge. This is short for uisge beatha, which means water of life. That’s because whiskey was basically used for any kind of physical problem. As a medicine it was used for both internal anesthetic use and as an external antibiotic.

6. Vodka:
    A list of medicinal alcoholic drinks would not be complete without vodka. Since the 16th century this clear liquor was sold in pharmacies in Eastern Europe. It was believed to cure almost anything. From infertility to the plague, vodka was always the answer. And let’s face it, it kind of still is right?!

7. Rakia/Rakija:
    Now here’s a drink that never lost her image as a medicine. All over South-Eastern Europe people are still making their own fruit brandy. With plums, apricots, pears, peaches, grapes, cherries and honey the possibilities are endless. And so are the medical effects. But what they have in common is that they work miracles as a disinfectant, both internal and external. People who caught a cold usually drink heated rakija with honey or caramelized sugar.

8. Pálinka:
    The Hungarian equivalent of rakija is called pálinka. Up to today it still plays a large role in folk medicine. A popular Hungarian saying about this strong local drink is ‘Pálinka in small amounts is a medicine, in large amounts a remedy’. The first records of pálinka date back to the 14th century under the Latin name ‘Aqua vitae reginae Hungariae’ (the Hungarian queen’s water of life). Both the king and queen at that time suffered from arthritis and apparently their brandy blended with rosemary made their disease bearable.

9. Rum:
    Rum has always been the drink of the navy and soldiers. It was used to make the troops recover both mentally and physically. In World War 1 it was the thing that kept most soldiers who suffered from shellshock going. A report on shellshock in 1922 concluded: “Moral can be and had to be created.” Many soldiers from that time literally said “If it wasn’t for rum, we would have lost the war.”

10. Peppermint Schnapps:
    The key ingredient peppermint, that gave this drink it’s name and special taste, has been used for medical purposes for thousands of years. From colds and coughs to viral infections and gallbladder problems, peppermint oil helps with all kinds of minor problems. And let’s be honest: so does alcohol. So some genius put the two of them together and there you have it: a potion that works miracles when you’re feeling sick and gives you a nice fresh breath. "

" There's Pics there also...!!!
    Last edited by 4me2c; 09-23-2020 at 04:50 PM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    "Some people need alcohol to gain courage to pick up someone when they go out. But to drink this sweet elixer of love is not the only way it comes in handy. Alcohol has provided us with many great pick up lines. Next time you see the secret love of your life passing by in a bar, try one of these. Most lines are more suitable for men, but in most cases women can use them too. We selected 25 of the best alcohol related pick up lines…

1. This isn’t a beer belly, it’s a fuel tank for my love machine.

2. Baby, you’re the hot ass in my shot glass.

3. Sure I could buy you a drink, but I’d be jealous of the glass.

4. Here’s 50 euro’s. Drink until I’m good looking and then come talk to me.

5. Hey! You owe me a drink. I dropped mine when you walked by.

6. I see you’ve got some tequila’s. Does that mean you wanna give me a shot?

7. I think all the bottles in this bar must be jealous, cause your beauty is the most intoxicating thing in this place.

8. What do you say I buy the booze and you show me how to shake it.

9. What do you say we get out of here? I bet you’re way better to wake up next to than a hangover.

10. Do you like blow jobs or sex on the beach? I’m talking cocktails of course.

11. I’m letting girls take body shots off my amazing torso for 5 euro’s. How many can I count you in for?

12. In medieval times my beer belly would be a sign of prosperity and attractiveness, what do you think?

13. I can’t believe they don’t serve Everclear in this place! (If you wanna show you’re a bad ass, Everclear contains 100% alcohol)

14. Did you steal my beer? That one looks just like the one I was drinking.

15. Do you want to have a drink and have sex with me? No? What about just sex?

16. Look I’m just trying to drink here, but you’re very distracting.

17. Most men/women are intimidated by me. It’s okay, you don’t have to be scared to buy me a drink.

18. I couldn’t help noticing you’re drinking the same as me. Are you trying to copy me?

19. When you’re done with that beer shall we play spinn the bottle?

20. Are you going to finish that? (pointing at her/his drink)

21. Do you want a drink? Yes? Me too, please give me a double whiskey, 5 shots of tequila and a large beer.

22. And I thought the beer was good here…

23. Can I ask you a personal question? Beer or wine?

24. For the price of that drink you could have had me for the night.

25. Do you like dancing? Me too…. My favorite dance is kind of a slow one, but a high form of art. It starts seated while moving one arm from a horizontal position to vertical many times, later it turns into something best described as crawling and it ends in a motionless pose on the floor. It’s such a catchy dance that even the bouncers of this bar usually join me. You want me to show you?"

Micky Bumbar