Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation turning off the unit ?

Hello my good friends

How are you guys doing and I hope all is well with you and your families.

I have noticed that my 3900 for the past month or so when I press and hold the green stb button to turn off I get options of
    standby
    power off
    restart

So, I choose the option "Power Off" and the unit turns off and the red light shows up on the front face of the unit, but when I wake up in the morning, I noticed the red light is now green light and somehow unit is turned "ON" ?! and this happens every night and day? any idea why this is happening?

Much Obliged

Ambassador
    Thank you for asking. I am experiencing the same thing with my XRS 4500. I usually just press the off button and don't hold it down though. I've looked for a setting in the menu that might control this but find nothing.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Have noticed that sometimes with a "Power Surge" units will Turn On... Don't Think that is Your Problem tho... Maybe when NBS comes on there will bee an answer for You...! In the Mean-time, Hoping You and Yours Stay Safe, Take Care and May GOD Bless...!!!

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
    Thank you for asking. I am experiencing the same thing with my XRS 4500. I usually just press the off button and don't hold it down though. I've looked for a setting in the menu that might control this but find nothing.
    The 4500 does not use the same software as the 3900 Its not the same

Warrior
    I'll see what I can find out on the 3900
    I have already posted about the 4000 4500 issue

Ambassador
    Would you point me a the post for the 4500?

Thanks NBS for your time and help.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Crazed, the last post NBS made in that post was that they are working on it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    for the 4500, the temp fix is to set to 'suspend' in power key definitions.
    And yea, work is always underway with the Buzz team. I'd suspect that we should see some results with upcoming firmware releases.

I experience this in the past too, so until it has been addressed I unplug the power from the unit when not in use.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast