TV Addicted

Wifi connect issue

Took my T2 Prime to a hotel complex in Long Island NY and cannot connect to WIFI. I got the WiFi code. It works in my computer and in my phone, but the T2 does not connect. Tried Rkt and 66 with no avail. Any suggestions. Back in time, I was able to change DNS to 8888. Do not know if that is possible in Dreamlink to see if that makes a difference. Do Hotel wifi servers have the ability to block this boxes? Any ideas, suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by HumK View Post
    Took my T2 Prime to a hotel complex in Long Island NY and cannot connect to WIFI. I got the WiFi code. It works in my computer and in my phone, but the T2 does not connect. Tried Rkt and 66 with no avail. Any suggestions. Back in time, I was able to change DNS to 8888. Do not know if that is possible in Dreamlink to see if that makes a difference. Do Hotel wifi servers have the ability to block this boxes? Any ideas, suggestions???
    It may be a 5G/2.4G issue.
    dlT2 is only 2.4Gig

Hotel may have only 5G wifi, or possibly different Ntwk names (SSID), for the 2.4G and the 5G, and you tried to connect to the 5g.
    /Shooty

TV Addicted
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have a friend at the hotel and he tried a 5G capable box and did not connect. He mentioned that his neighbor has a FireStick from AM**** and it does work. The hotel gives a code for every room independent. I think they probably have some kind of CAP managing system in their WIFI system.