Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Defending NBA Champs out in game 7

Boston Celtics win Eastern Semi-Final in game 7 to defeat the Toronto Rapters
    asesinopr should be pleased

The Raptors did not look good in the this game, not in the last 2 quarters anyway.
    They were behind thru the complete second half, at one point down by 9 points.
    With 7.9 seconds on the clock and down only by 2 or 3 points, the Raptors fouled and that pretty much ended it for the Raptors chances.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    How Long was the Season this Year...?!?

Asking for a "Friend"...

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    How Long was the Season this Year...?!?

Asking for a "Friend"...
    There were about 60+ regular games played, started October 2019 and ran until the pandemic shut the game down in March 2020.

C/P from Wiki

The 2019–20 NBA season is the 74th season of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The regular season began on October 22, 2019 and was originally supposed to end on April 15, 2020.
    However, the season was suspended on March 11 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
    The 2020 NBA All-Star Game was played on February 16, at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
    The playoffs were originally scheduled to begin on April 18, and end with the NBA Finals in June.
    At the time of the suspension, teams had played between 63 and 67 games.

On June 4, the NBA Board of Governors approved a plan to restart the season on July 30, and the National Basketball Players Association approved this plan the next day.
    Under the plan, 22 teams will play eight additional regular season games to determine playoff seeding, and 16 teams will enter a conventional post-season tournament.
    All game-play will take place in the NBA Bubble, the isolation zone specifically created for NBA operations.
    On August 26, the season was suspended for a second time due to a wildcat strike during the playoffs
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Bad enough that Over-Paid Players couldn't Play for a few Months while the Fans Suffered thru a Pandemic, but, But, BUTT to do This :

"On August 26, the season was suspended for a second time due to a wildcat strike during the playoffs.!" is Cause for Lots of Fans to have a "I Don't Give a Ship" attitude towards the NBA...!!!

Sorry, YOUR Rapters didn't do as They did last Year...!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Bad enough that Over-Paid Players couldn't Play for a few Months while the Fans Suffered thru a Pandemic, but, But, BUTT to do This :

"On August 26, the season was suspended for a second time due to a wildcat strike during the playoffs.!" is Cause for Lots of Fans to have a "I Don't Give a Ship" attitude towards the NBA...!!!

Sorry, YOUR Rapters didn't do as They did last Year...!!
    yea, looks like they lost many fans due to that move.
    The NBA will need to work on many things if they want all those fans back.
    I will not even touch upon their financial ties to the CCP

I was hoping for a 'back to back' championships for them Rapters, kinda like what the Toronto Bluejays did in the early 90s
    But was not to be, and honestly I was not concerned about it too much, considering what is going on with B-ball and everything else in sports these days
    - Frank Zappa