Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation TVOnline Empty Channel Store

Date: June 10, 2015

Hello everybody. The Mickyhop servers have been under attack by a hacker and for this reason some users may not be able to connect to the Channel Store. This will effect only some of the TVOnline boxes. For this reason these boxes need to access our backup store (exact same thing) but it will require a firmware update. You cannot update the files through the platform but rather need to manually install it. Before you do all this, if you are experiencing this issue or a similar issue I highly advice a simple factory reset. Most of the time it will fix your issue. This fix is only for users on the TVOnline box who cannot access the channel store (it will change the address it needs to connect to for the listings).

1) To do this find an empty USB key and install the file I have attached called "update" on to it.
    Notes: Do not unzip it, keep it as a zip file. Also make sure it is in the main directory of the USB (do not put it into another folder). Just in case, don't keep other files in there that you think might effect the installation.

2) Perform a factory reset and while in the first time setup menu plug in the USB (this is where the four main setting icons are). It should prompt you to do a firmware update in which you will say yes.

3) After this is done, your box will reboot again. After this you should have access to the channel store. If it still does not work you have a different issue with your box. Please do not try this for non TVOnline boxes. I advise you start a thread or open a support ticket with our website to get that issue fixed.

Hopefully I saved many of you a lot of headaches and time. Have a good day everyone!
    update.zip

EDIT: For users who still experience this problem please visit the AVOV Blog. There is also a fix for the Vixo1. The fix will be found under the corresponding system post (so if you have a TVOnline please click the TVOnline blog post)
    Code:
    http://avov.tv/category/blog/
    Last edited by a-team; 07-02-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Thank you for the info David

Probation
    i had to rma my avov tv online and just got the replacement. had this problem but this update through usb fixed everything. thanks avov your products and customer service is unmatched.

Thank you for the update, but this is not working for me. The unit does not prompt me to do the firmware update.

make sure your stick is fat32 then
    Notes: Do not unzip it, keep it as a zip file. Also make sure it is in the main directory of the USB (do not put it into another folder). Just in case, don't keep other files in there that you think might effect the installation.

Thanks David for the tips and it work for me. Your instruction I follow fix my box from your steps work perfectly and I'm now can see Channel Store.

TV Addicted
    I cannot access the store and when i try to install the package it says not a valid update package. The zip file was not unzipped and i did a format on the usb stick and the file is saved to the root directory. I will do a complete format and not a quick format on the stick and see if that changes the outcome. Thank u

tell me what box you have is it tv-online one or avov1

TV Addicted
    Ok. Better I have my coffee first before i post again. Thanks for the hint asft. I was using the wrong file. I had the avov1 so was using the wrong file. I had to manually update with the stick before I can get to the store. By the way, is there any more stability between the tvonline version and the avov1. I have not used the box much but i noticed the audio was out of sync with the picture this morning. Maybe the firmware update fixes it. thanks

no really its not box but server that good part but hope things get better which they will in time i run all the boxes some apps out of sync they know that avov is fixing that the lag is server part which they are working on soon it will be great when all gets put together right time will tell but this is the new age iptv and still free i like saying that over and over cant wait for private
    Last edited by Marley; 06-20-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast