Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no audio

Chief Ninja

no audio

I have not audio in KODI. In the upper right corner of the screen under the time is a red speaker icon shows muted. But all of my setting are sound on.
    What happened In using KODI 18.8
    Thanks

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Go INTO the Inner Settings of what-ever You are using Kodi on...!

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Go INTO the Inner Settings of what-ever You are using Kodi on...!
    Sorry , I should have stated that was using it on BUZZ 4500XRS.

I guess I don't know how, I went to settings and utilities onBuzz and sitting on KODI.

I have t be missing something easy. I just didn't know that I changed anything either.. Buzz audio works on liveTv and Netflix.

Thank you.

I am still working on it.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Sorry , I should have stated that was using it on BUZZ 4500XRS.

I guess I don't know how, I went to settings and utilities onBuzz and sitting on KODI.

I have t be missing something easy. I just didn't know that I changed anything either.. Buzz audio works on liveTv and Netflix.

Thank you.

I am still working on it.
    Well, I am still needing help with this.

I have adjusted audio in setting or Kodi and Buzz. As soon as I open KODI the red mute icon is in the upper right corner andnow sound on anything that I have in KODI. It has to be a setting somewhere.....but where??

Please help as I can't get the subtitles to work either (but never have). Thanks

Question

What are You using for the Audio Connection...?!?

HDMI Cable...

Component Cables...(Red,Green,Blue)

RCA Cables...???(Yellow,White,Red)
    Last edited by 4me2c; 08-31-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Cool

" Connecting With a Component Cable

The bottom line is that if you don't have an old-school red, yellow and white cable lying around, you can use a red, green and blue component cable to do the same job. The only issue you face is making sure you connect the cables the same way at each end since you won't have the handy color code to keep things simple. Start by connecting the red cable to the red RCA connector on each piece of equipment because they already match. Then, decide whether the blue or green is the video connector. It might help to wrap one of them with tape and mark each end of your chosen cable with yellow to remind yourself which is the video connection. As long as each cable goes to the matching RCA connection at each end, you should get your audio and video signals just fine.

The Reverse Isn't Always True

You might assume that if you can connect regular RCA audio video gear with a component cable, you can also use a red, yellow and white cord to connect up a newer piece of equipment with component video connections. You'd be right, up to a point, because you will get a picture. Unfortunately, the older cable is only designed to carry audio on its red and white wires, which means it's got a lot less bandwidth than you need for a modern high-definition video signal. It'll work in a pinch, but you'll lose video quality."...!

" More Complicated Scenarios

Either of those situations is relatively straightforward because you're connecting two pieces of equipment that are designed to use the same kind of signal. It's not as simple if you are attaching a modern device with component video to an older one that has RCA audio video inputs. Those are completely different types of signals, so you need to buy a separate RCA-to-component video adapter box to convert them. In total, you need five connections on the component side – three for video, plus the left and right audio – along with the traditional red, white and yellow outputs on the other side for the older piece of equipment to plug into. These can be costly, though, so it's often simpler to upgrade your equipment."...!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    " More Complicated Scenarios

Either of those situations is relatively straightforward because you're connecting two pieces of equipment that are designed to use the same kind of signal. It's not as simple if you are attaching a modern device with component video to an older one that has RCA audio video inputs. Those are completely different types of signals, so you need to buy a separate RCA-to-component video adapter box to convert them. In total, you need five connections on the component side – three for video, plus the left and right audio – along with the traditional red, white and yellow outputs on the other side for the older piece of equipment to plug into. These can be costly, though, so it's often simpler to upgrade your equipment."...!
    Somehow your setup rec'd a keyboard "F8" code (mute/unmute).
    Easiest fix is a wireless kbd. - Press "F8".

Chief Ninja
    Well, I am sorry... but I jumped the shark and uninstalled Kodi. I am trying to reinstall later today today. i don have a wireless keyboard other the remote for the Buzz box but I can't locate the F8 key..

I'll come back and update after I try to reinstall Kodi.

Thank for the help

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Well, I am sorry... but I jumped the shark and uninstalled Kodi. I am trying to reinstall later today today. i don have a wireless keyboard other the remote for the Buzz box but I can't locate the F8 key..

I'll come back and update after I try to reinstall Kodi.

Thank for the help
    Without a keyboard, you could do this;
    Install Keymap Editor;
    -Go to System/Add-ons/Install from Repository/Kodi Add-on Repository/Program add-ons/ -Keymap Editor.
    Then from the Kodi home screen;
    -Go to Addons/Program add-ons/ and click Keymap Editor.
    *Pick a key on your remote that you don't use with Kodi (you can use the Red/Grn/Yel/Blu keys for example), to assign the F8 code.
    -Click Edit
    -Click Global
    -Click Audio
    -Click Mute-f8
    -Click Edit Key
    *within 5 seconds click the remote button to use as an f8(mute) function
    You will see the Mute-f8 has changed to something like Mute-61584.
    Click back 3 times to the first menu screen and Click Save.
    You now have the Kodi Mute function assigned to that Key.
    Try it out!
    /Shooty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast