Thread: EPG not working

Chief Ninja

EPG not working

EPG not working on XRS4500? just blank, can you help?

thank you

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    enter the EPG and scroll to the channels found at the top of the list but just below the PPV channels.
    Stay in the EPG menu and sit on TVLand channel for instance.
    Is there a loading circle visible?
    Now stay in EPG and scroll down the list and then enter on any channel, stay in the epg and go back to the top (below the PPV channels) Sit on there a second or two and then scroll up and down fast and then back to TVLand.
    Give it a few seconds.
    If still seeing that loading circle, then scroll down further this time and back up again.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    enter the EPG and scroll to the channels found at the top of the list but just below the PPV channels.
    Stay in the EPG menu and sit on TVLand channel for instance.
    Is there a loading circle visible?
    Now stay in EPG and scroll down the list and then enter on any channel, stay in the epg and go back to the top (below the PPV channels) Sit on there a second or two and then scroll up and down fast and then back to TVLand.
    Give it a few seconds.
    If still seeing that loading circle, then scroll down further this time and back up again.
    Thank you I will give it a try and report back in a bit. Thanks

Chief Ninja
    Well, I couldn't get it work so I finally remembered to to a clear cache and then reboot and all is well again.

thank you again, it made me get my head out of the dark side.

it would be to your best interest to learn how the m3u Playlist option also works. Then you could have your MAC attached method with it's server EPG source or also could switch easily on that Buzz box to a Playlist method, which could have 2 other EPG sources (Acid's and Shooty's).
    That way you'd have 3 possible epg sources to choose from easily.
    The initial setup will take some time, because you will have to create Playlist portals and also be able to quickly log on service site and switch from MAC to no MAC

I can help you with all of this but I won't get into it just now. The guides are posted.
    But if you want, I can direct you to correct info so you can then do the work

To research all of this , explore all of these Buzz Box sub-forums and not only this 4500 sub forum . It's all related
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-29-2020 at 01:31 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    it would be to your best interest to learn how the m3u Playlist option also works. Then you could have your MAC attached method with it's server EPG source or also could switch easily on that Buzz box to a Playlist method, which could have 2 sources (Acid's and Shooty's).
    That way you'd have 3 possible epg sources to choose from easily.
    The initial setup will take some time, because you will have to create Playlist portals and also be able to quickly log on service site and switch from MAC to no MAC

I can help you with all of this but I won't get into it just now. The guides are posted.
    But if you want, I can direct you to correct info so you can then do the work

To research all of this , explore all of these Buzz Box sub-forums and not only this 4500 sub forum . It's all related
    Thank much, I will take you up on the help later when I get the time and mental capacity (LOL)

It will be a few days for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Thank much, I will take you up on the help later when I get the time and mental capacity (LOL)

It will be a few days for sure.
    I will be here.

It is not difficult either,just takes some time to learn it all. And once setup then it's just a few clicks to switch between.
    It helps to confirm EPG issues when you have access to more then one source
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-29-2020 at 01:36 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Well, I couldn't get it work so I finally remembered to to a clear cache and then reboot and all is well again.

thank you again, it made me get my head out of the dark side.

- Frank Zappa

I missed your solution at the real time posting, but have since made your solution into a Sticky thread.
    Thnx Guest
    - Frank Zappa