Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

CFL is a no go for 2020

The Canadian Football League (CFL) will not contest the championship for the year 2020.
    This will be the first time since 1919 for CFL to mark a blank spot for the year
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    The NFL should have done the Same Thing...! While Channel Surfing,Quickly, saw No Fans in the Stands, Heard Piped-In Applause and No Cheerleaders Anywhere...!!

Channel Surfed Quickly because ION has NCIS: Los Angeles on All Day til 9 PM EST...!!! Positively Entertaining...

Ambassador
    Ha!!! I've been flipping back and forth between NFL and NCIS LA. I don't care about the fans in the stands.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Without the fans in the stands, it may be tough on these teams to stay in the game.
    It may end up being the fans paying large for Streaming Services for sports events.
    Sponsers and Advertising will be a big part, as usual. They already showing their hand in some of this, (Kyle Larson was on the end of some of that).
    And speaking of Nascar... I don't know how these tracks can open for races with no fans or if nascar can keep it up with no fans in the stands. They did allow 1/4 capacity, but that still is not enough for the tracks to survive, or is it ?

Fans in the stands at these sports events is a huge thing. The thrill of a live event is what keeps the fans.
    Without them, it will be interesting to see how Pro-Sports proceeds in the coming years

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa