Thread: Oil Spill

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Oil Spill

What have we been forgetting since our worlds have turned upside down ?
    For one thing was that huge Diesel spill in Northern Russia.

May 29, 2019
    Diesel oil from a huge spill in Russia's Arctic north has polluted a large freshwater lake and there is a risk it could spread into the Arctic Ocean, a senior Russian official says.

And we have another which may turn into a huge disaster.
    It took place in the coral reefed area near Mauritius.
    Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) off the south-east coast of the African continent.

July 25, 2020
    Mauritius oil spill.
    Some oil which had initially spilled has been contained but there is a great danger now of the Tanker breaking open and spilling the bulk of its oil
    There are large cracks and other damage. And with the Tanker being partially grounded on a sand bar, there is a danger of the Hull splitting apart.

I saw this news awhile ago concerning this Tanker that had run aground and the oil being contained. At the time I thought that was great and now all they gotta do is pump the remaining oil of the grounded Tanker and etc.... But seems that has not happened yet and I don't know or understand the reason why either.
    This is Japanese owned Oil Tanker.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdggYF11uy0
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Shows what humans are capable of doing, they should be put out of bushiness, they had the time to save most May 29, 2019 till now and why my gas is going up
    So much wild life will die never mind humans, and be destroyed because of this. Extremely sad. Wow..
    i'm an old timer who is always learning..Knowledge is Power tO survive

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Backup View Post
    Shows what humans are capable of doing, they should be put out of bushiness, they had the time to save most May 29, 2019 till now and why my gas is going up
    So much wild life will die never mind humans, and be destroyed because of this. Extremely sad. Wow..
    I may have made a mistake with the date. It may have been this year 2020. I just don't know right now, with So much going on around the world, everyday something else has happened

The spill in Northern Russia came from a storage facility and was caused by the perma-frost melting and thus changing the soil structure and thus causing the storage tank(s) to shift and crack open.

The storage tanks aare at a power plant in an outlying section of the city of Norilsk, Russia

'Investigators have determined that the leakage of of 20,000 tons of diesel (about 150,000 barrels) from a reservoir at a power plant in Russia’s Far North was caused by damage from thawing permafrost — just the latest sign of the catastrophic effects climate change is having in the Arctic'
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-12-2020 at 05:22 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa