Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

2020 Memorial Tournament - Jon Rahm

The coronavirus pandemic shut down golf in mid-March. But Tiger Woods was shut down a month before that. A stiff back kept him out of a host of tournaments he would normally play, such as the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Players.

Tiger Woods, ranked 14th in the Official World Golf Ranking, is a five-time winner of the Memorial Tournament.

No player on the tour has a bigger fan following than Woods, who is a 15-time major champion. But like everybody else on the tour, Woods will have to adapt to the change.
    Players have described the scene to him as a very different world out there.

"It's going to be different, there's no doubt about it," Woods said. "For most of my career, pretty much almost every competitive playing round that I've been involved in, I've had people around me, spectators yelling, a lot of movement inside the gallery with camera crews and media."

This is the 45th year of the Memorial Tournament, and host Jack Nicklaus has made a tradition of waiting behind the 18th green to congratulate the winner with a hearty handshake.
    Nicklaus, 80 years young, won the Memorial twice among his 73 PGA Tour victories. He designed the course and founded the tournament, which began in 1976.
    Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Nicklaus said Tuesday that he will not be changing anything.
    Jack said, "I wouldn't put anybody in a position to possibly be exposed to the virus. I wouldn't do that, and if I was in any danger of doing that, I wouldn't shake their hands".

Because he is part of the tour personnel on site, Nicklaus was required to take a COVID-19 test.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Opening Round on Thursday has Tony Finau leading after an astounding opening-round 66 on a day, when the average score rose to near 74
    Second Round on Friday has Tony Finau and Ryan Palmer tied for first.

Does not look great for Tiger after Friday's round, shooting a +3 for the Tournament.
    The projected cut is +3
    We still have some players finishing up, so that Cut Line could change.
    It is not looking great for Tiger
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-18-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

T64. Tiger Woods (+3) -- The fight from Big Cat at the very end was impressive. Staring down the 21st missed cut of his career, over the last three holes he went birdie-birdie and then saved par by getting up and down from the fairway at his last hole.
    He won't win, but he made the cut !!

Bryson tanked and ended with a +10 which brought all the +3 players above the cut line.
    DJ and Bryson were a couple big players that did not make the cut

Update:
    Woods finishes his 3rd round with a -1 for the day and puts him @ +2 so far overall.
    Round 1 = 71
    Round 2 = 76
    Round 3 = 71
    Round 4 = ??

The first group has not yet teed off. The leaders are currently @ -9 overall.

Final scores for round 3 puts John Rahm out front @ -12
    T. Finau and R. Palmer tied for second @ -8

Round 4 -Sunday
    Play has been suspended because of bad weather in the area.
    With the last groups heading to the 4th and 5th holes, the leaderboard looks like this.
    1. Rahm (-12)
    2. Palmer (-8)
    3. Finau (-6)

Tiger is heading to the 18th @ +3 for the day.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-19-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    - Frank Zappa