Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Greyhound starring Tom Hanks will be streamed straight to AppleTV

When the United States entered World War II in 1941, a huge challenge for its military was getting to where the fighting was, and getting there safely.
    “Greyhound,” directed by Aaron Schneider and starring Tom Hanks, who also wrote its screenplay, follows Navy Commander Ernest Krause and his men and ships during such a period.

The movie is adapted from “The Good Shepherd,” a 1955 novel by C.S. Forester, a popular writer of naval adventures in the 20th century (Captain Horatio Hornblower was his invention).
    Forester’s novel is an account of not just the action but of Krause’s shifting interior states as tension and casualties mount.

end C/P

I have heard that this movie is not what may be expected from Mr Hanks, considering his prior portrayals in war movies.
    Some even say rather mundane
    But I say it's Tom Hanks !!!
    Mundane or not, it's ... ummm well it's Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks and his wive recently have recovered from their Covid infection and I saw Tom in a recent interview in which he was promoting this movie.
    It won't be in the theatres thou... AppleTV has picked it up and it will be seen streamed on AppleTV this month.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-09-2020 at 03:48 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

We have this in our channel line up now. Seems it was just added this day.
    In fact a whole new line up were added today and this could also be the reason why some have reported channels down.
    When adding these new releases sometimes the service may glitch while this is taking place.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Actually, very good movie, but a little short (1:30:00)

starting pre-roll 5min/ Ending Credits 10min.
    So 1hr 15min.

I thought it was a pretty great movie too.
    The visual effects were fabulous. That ocean and them ships were as if you were right there in the scene, wow !
    There was no Plot as some say... but in fact the plot is obvious. It's the dangers and mind sets that these ship crews and Captains went thru trying to get across the Atlantic without being sunk by the enemy U-Boats !

Fantastic visual movie !
    - Frank Zappa

i give movie 5 out 10 but for sound with doby altmos yea i was there
    Last edited by Marley; 07-29-2020 at 09:47 PM.

I saw it about a month a go on a kodi app, i'd give it 5 also. but i did like it,
    Tom Hanks did take my mind off the current crap we are going thru. JMO
    i'm an old timer who is always learning..Knowledge is Power tO survive

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Exclamation

4me Watched this Last Evening and Really Liked it...!

Keeps One on the edge of the seat a couple of times... Audio was at times very loud and very low at other times... Special Effects were Good...!!!

Approximately 72,500 People lost Their Lives in the Water thru that War and there are no Markers anywhere attesting to that...! Not even in Arlington...!

For Those Interested, Just Found this :

Code:
     https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/u/us-navy-personnel-in-world-war-ii-service-and-casualty-statistics.html
    Last edited by 4me2c; 07-30-2020 at 04:53 PM.