Remote Suggestions

Just curious what remote are you all using? Looking to throw this stock xrs remote in the box and forget all my frustrations with it.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdotp View Post
    Just curious what remote are you all using? Looking to throw this stock xrs remote in the box and forget all my frustrations with it.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
    Have you loaded the newest firmware/buzz4 app version that was pushed out earlier today ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Yeah I loaded it but I am sure my remote is messed up..live tv if I hold down the down arrow it scrolls through a few channels (6-7) and then stops. Plugged in a wireless keyboard and pressed the down arrow and I can go through the entire channel list.

Okay button requires a few presses to register. Haven't seen any improvement on the remote with the firmware update.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    recheck batteries
    I had same symptoms and I was sure the batteries were okay because I used the same remote on another buzz box and it worked fine, but would act same as you describe with the other buzz box.
    Put new batteries in and then all was fine.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

i can tell you just now was thinking the new update mess up the box but nope the dang batteries had it lock up my box and all changed batteries and all is good again wow
    Last edited by Marley; 07-01-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    i can tell you just now was thinking the new update mess up the box but nope the dang batteries had it lock up my box and all changed batteries and all is good again wow
    Wow that is really Odd , I had the same problem. I checked the batteries and the were all over 1.58 volts. What voltage does this remote require to work?