Junoir Member

Wifi device not found(w3 wifi dongle)

My w3 wifi dongle stopped working when I go to the wifi settings it says wifi device not found and it switches to the internal wifi in the box

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    remove the dongle and enter menus and turn wifi off.
    Then take receiver close to router and plug in an ethernet cable.
    Power on box. Then after two minutes , power off and disconnect Ethernet. Reconnect your wifi and power on, enter menus and turn WiFi on

check results.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Ok I will try

Junoir Member
    Yea didn't work still says can not find wifi device

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBaca View Post
    Yea didn't work still says can not find wifi device
    How many USB ports does that T2 have ?
    If you have not yet, try the 3.0 USB port if there is one.

This time, power off the T2 first before disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle device
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    It has 2 ports I tried both same thing on the 3.0 port it wont even read it on the 2.0 it reads it but it says wifi device not found

USB ports do mal-function, new or old, but two or more not working at same time is probably not a USB problem. But check and eliminate that possibility, by using another device thru them USB ports, like a hard-drive device, if you have one.

I beleive the W1 dongle could be used with Windows PC applications as well as androids. I do not know if the W3 has same capabilities, but if it does you could test the dongle by plugging into PC and try connecting thru there to test that dongle. Those dongles do not need a driver so it should work, but test at own risk.

But the issue prolly lies in the dreamlink and it's reading thru the USB ports. Could be an issue concerning deleivering power thru USB, or ....
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I plugged a usb storage device it works it's the dongle I will test 2mrw on my laptop

Junoir Member
    Yea it was the dongle I bought a new one and it works I hope this one doesnt fry

I do believe that those wifi dongles do receive power from the USB connection.
    What you can do to prolong it's life is to power off the device before connecting or reconnecting that dongle.

And thnx for the follow up report Bobby Baca
    - Frank Zappa