Junoir Member

Question Manually Add Channels

Hi folks,
    is there a way to Manually Add Channels to my playlist and convert it back to a portal url so it can work on MAG?
    Ive been asking to add certain channels on IKS but haven't gotten any reply so i want to this by myself but to make it work on my MAG254
    If there are any other suggestions they are welcome!
    Thanks in advance!
    Greetings

you can not add channels. whatever comes from server thats what you get. however, you can download m3u file and modify your list and can remove channels that you dont want.
    you can use m3u on dreamlink, buzz, formuler...etx boxes.
    you can also download third party apps like perfect player, vlc player...etc and use m3u on any android box.
    its iptv not IKS.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    them Mag boxes can use m3u Playlists without any 3rd party help
    If you find the channels that you want to add, do as Ryu says and simply add them into the Playlist script (long as they are in correct form). They do not have to be hosted by the server to be included in the Playlist. You can add any individual channels onto any Playlist and if added correctly, they will work when you have the Playlist opened and running on your mag box.

How to use anM3U Playlist on the Mag box
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...ist-on-Mag-STB

How to get a Playlist from the server
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...PTV66-Playlist
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Yes i can do that method, but don't channels update (new/removed channels)? Since i wont be able to edit (update) the playlist remotely, unless theres a way for that that i dont know of?
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-08-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Using an m3u Playlist (the actual physical copy of the list) will not update automatically. You would need to edit the list and add any new channels that may have been added to the server.

To use a Playlist that will auto update would be to use the Playlist URL
    But of course then you would not have anything to edit or add your extra channels to, because you would no longer be dealing with that hard copy of the Playlist.
    In other words, using the Playlist URL is not any advantage over using the MAC attached method, except maybe with the Playlist URL connection you can also use a outside source or multiple sources for your EPG
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-08-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa