Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Warrior Member

Just Ordered a Minix Neo U22-XJ

Just put in my order for the new Minix Neo U22-XJ on Amazon. I finally got tired of fighting my Zidoo H6 Pro. Wonderful physical box with the worst pain in the ass firmware. What a shame, because it has fabulous picture and sound, but the bugs finally drove me away.

When I get a chance to test the new toy I'll post my review. One of the main reasons I bought it is because Minix has a good well used forum, which leads me to believe it will have good company support. Something I really missed with my H6 Pro.

A couple of things I especially like are the DDR4 chips and the 3 USB 3.0 ports

Anyway below are the specs.

4K Ultra HD Android Media Hub Official Dolby Audio and Dolby Vision Support The Pinnacle of Power, Speed and Entertainment. Dual CPU 8Core Cortex A72+A53, Mali G52 MP4 Graphics Processor, HDMI 2.1 10-bit HDR High Resolution, 4G DDR4 + 32G Storage, Type-C + 3xUSB 3.0, 2x2 MiMo WiFi+GigaLAN
    Processor
    Quad Core Cortex A72+ Dual core Cortex A53 Processor (64-bit)
    Graphics Mail-G52 MP4
    Memory 4GB DDR4
    Storage 32GB eMMC 5.1
    Wireless Connectivity 802.11 ac 2 x 2 Dual-Band Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5.0GHz), Bluetooth 4.1
    Video Output HDMI®2.1, up to 4K @ 60Hz HDR
    Audio Output

• HDMI®, 3.5mm stereo jack, optical SPDIF
    Power • DC 5V, 3A adapter included (CE, FCC certified)

OS Support Android 9.0 Nougat

Supported Video Formats

• DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/ISO/AVI/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/MKV/M2TS/MTS/M4V/WMV/ASF
    Supported Audio Formats
    MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/OGA/FLAC/ALAC/APE/AAC

I'd love to attach the PDF sheets I have, but no attachments here.
    Last edited by jjjackson; 05-16-2020 at 01:59 PM.

yea they give this box 8 out 10 which is alright i have few of there older boxes which are door mates to me but they were fine boxes at time
    Last edited by Marley; 05-18-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Warrior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    yea they give this box 8 out 10 which is alright i have few of there older boxes which are door mates to me but they were fine boxes at time
    Who is THEY?

Warrior Member
    First impressions.

Nice box, took awhile to figure it out and to get used to it. Excellent picture and it really pulls in the WiFi. Once I figured out how to upgrade the firmware it has really impressed me. XCIPTV app is working much better than with my old Zidoo H6 Pro. Nice to have a smooth running box.

So far no crashes.

Warrior Member
    Have found one problem probably due to firmware. I like to use a HDMI splitter on the box, so I can use it in both my home theater and in my bedroom at different times. One nice feature is the auto audio out for the SPDIF and HDMI, which means I don't have to change audio choices when moving from one room to the other.

The problem is that if I split the HDMI I can't get my Marantz AV to accept the A/V from the U22. It will work in my bedroom, but not on my HT stuff.

Likes so far: More memory and good speed. The STB pulls in my WiFi up to the limit of my service, which means less buffering. Easy to bring in new apks from filelinked. It comes with ES Explorer built-in, my favorite utility program.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    nice review on this box jjjackson, thnx

How is the ES Explorer as far as adds or even that bloatware that was once found on the ES Explorer application ?
    You having any problems with anything like that ?

Reason why I as can be seen thru the linked thread below..
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...-File-Explorer

The FX File Explorer can be a good substitute, as it runs and works very much the same as the ES Explorer
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior Member
    I don't have a problem with ES Explorer and it does come up with ads after I do a cleaning. I haven't run into malware from it yet and I have Malwarebytes installed. I haven't heard of FX File Explorer, but I'll give it a try. I like playing around with software to see what I like.

So far the U22 has been very solid, except for the AV problem. I'm buying a HDMI switch to try and get around the AV problem, since I'm single and only watch one TV at a time. It's really a shame about my Zidoo H6 Pro having such bad firmware, because it is the best piece of Android TV hardware I've seen. It's picture and sound are better than the Nvidia Shields a couple of my friends have.

I didn't buy the Shield, because I dont like the launcher and a few other issues.

Review with Specs
    HTML Code:
    https://www.eyalo.com/26686/minix-u22-xj/
    Last edited by jjjackson; 05-25-2020 at 02:52 AM.

do you have this problem Impossible scrolling with air mouse ? they say it has bug with app is that truE

Warrior Member
    Havent noticed it yet, but that doesn't mean I won't.

Found something I really like. Since the firmware allows for Auto Audio, I'm able to use both the HDMI audio in one location and the optical spdif in a second at the sometime.

So far, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Warrior Member
    Follow up to my last post.

I'm very satisfied with my choice of the Minix U22-XJ. It pulls in all the speed my internet allows on Wifi and has plenty of memory. Like all Android TV Boxes it has some small quirks, but nothing of importance. I have very few buffering problems, mostly because of the consistently high Wifi speed. The picture and color could be a bit better, but I give it a 8 out of 10. The Minix forum board is well supported, so you can get both your question answered and problems solved.

I have no problem recommending it as a 1st for your system. As with all STBs, I recommend you do your homework on Youtube, but I'm very please with my choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast