Searching A Better Guide that works?

Hello All,
    I have tried both Kens and Acid Jesus guides and I don't seem to get all the listings showing, several are blank.....is there a better guide that works?

Both of those guides have there Pluses but I would like one that has all the channels listed.

Thanks.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Those guides are usually good.
    Which channels are missing info ?
    There are some channels that never do get any epg info. But them are usually some of the International channels
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2003 View Post
    Hello All,
    I have tried both Kens and Acid Jesus guides and I don't seem to get all the listings showing, several are blank.....is there a better guide that works?

Both of those guides have there Pluses but I would like one that has all the channels listed.

Thanks.
    the following is just a small list of the channels that do not have anything in the guide.

History
    SciFi
    A&E
    TCM

and many more...

the following is just a small list of the channels that do not have anything in the guide.

History
    SciFi
    A&E
    TCM

and many more...
    EPG is populated with them channels , on both Acid's and Ken's work.

What receiver are you using ?

Go to TV Land channel and then into the EPG and scroll up in the EPG and scroll down, Scroll up and down a few times, quickly or slowly. Then back to TVLand channels and see if the others will now populate.
    If it did not populate yet, then stay in the EPG and scroll up a few channels and then down a few channels again and back to original channel. Or sit on another channel that is populated.

I think some of the trick is to pick a channel that is near the top of the list. That is why I pick the TV Land channel and for no other reason.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-10-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

oh and ensure that your time is correct.
    That seems to make a difference as well, to get the EPG to populate fully.
    - Frank Zappa

I am running a TX3 Pro with Kodi.. I checked my date and time and it is all set correctly... Doing what you suggested does not work for me either.

I am running a TX3 Pro with Kodi.. I checked my date and time and it is all set correctly... Doing what you suggested does not work for me either.
    Channels are populated so, it obviously must be something in that Kodi app.
    Could be some setting in your Kodi app that needs adjusting.
    An example might be the UTC setting... but I have zero experience with Kodi and iptv service applications.
    We might need Shooty to help with this one
    Or you could follow either kens or Shooty's past posts for a possible answer that may have been discussed before.
    - Frank Zappa

Make sure you have Cleared the guide data in KODI PVR settings, and do a IPTV reset in donation checker

Are you using IPTVXtra2 video addon, or something else?
    What Kodi version, and if using IPTVXtra2, what is its version?

If using IPTVXtra2, you should use guide_iptvxtra.xml
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/EPG/master/guide_iptvxtra.xml
    /Shooty