Junoir Member

Angry My STB Emlator suddenly freezes alot when used via my mobile data

I've never had this issue before but now my emulator freezes more than it streams when I disconnect from my wi-fi. I haven't changed anything other than my phone doing it's normal software updates but for some reason the emulator only plays well when connected to a wi-fi. Its launches and initiates just fine but once I try to view channels there's alot of freezing that occurs. I've even uninstalled the app and reinstalled but continues to have the same issue. Can anyone provide and suggestions to fix this?

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Govna504 View Post
    I've never had this issue before but now my emulator freezes more than it streams when I disconnect from my wi-fi. I haven't changed anything other than my phone doing it's normal software updates but for some reason the emulator only plays well when connected to a wi-fi. Its launches and initiates just fine but once I try to view channels there's alot of freezing that occurs. I've even uninstalled the app and reinstalled but continues to have the same issue. Can anyone provide and suggestions to fix this?
    Probably what is called traffic shaping by your isp.Or the network is just simply overloaded.

Junoir Member
    But it's been like this over the last few weeks and I can use other streaming apps with my mobile and have no issues at all. Mobdro is what I'd consider comparable and it streams just fine......any other suggestions of a fix?

Unhappy

But it's been like this over the last few weeks and I can use other streaming apps with my mobile and have no issues at all. Mobdro is what I'd consider comparable and it streams just fine......any other suggestions of a fix?
    FYI:
    Net Neutrality Has Been a Pillar of the Open Internet

The FCC’s decision to gut net neutrality protections isn’t just partisan business as usual; it’s a withdrawal from over a decade of work to protect Internet users from unfair practices by Internet service providers. While the FCC’s approach has changed over the years, its goal of promoting net neutrality did not. Two years ago, it finally adopted legally enforceable rules, most prominently bright-line prohibiting ISPs from blocking, throttling, and creating Internet “fast lanes” that would favor some sites and content over others. But, as the saying goes, “elections have consequences.” One consequence of the 2016 election is that the FCC has new leadership that feels free not just to change the rules, but to get rid of them altogether.

Ushering in a Pay-To-Play Internet
    Because the draft order repeals net neutrality rules altogether, it allows ISPs to block or throttle lawful content, or give the highest-paying websites and apps a better ability to reach customers’ devices, or to favor Internet traffic from the ISPs’ own subsidiaries and business partners, all without any legal repercussions. It paves the way for an Internet that works more like cable television, where wealthy insiders decide which speakers can reach a broad audience. A pay-to-play Internet means that smaller sites and apps, or startups without major funding, will be forced to negotiate with multiple ISPs to avoid their content being buried, degraded, or even blocked.

The draft order claims that “latency-sensitive” applications will benefit from paying to connect to you faster and more reliably, while other apps and sites will continue to work as they do today. But without rules, nothing will require ISPs to give the same quality of service even to apps that pay the same amount, let alone those that can’t afford it. Content from an ISP’s business affiliates or favored partners will be able to get a fast lane no matter how much another website or app is willing to pay. The order justifies its conclusions by cherry-picking some economic analyses that support them, while ignoring the harms to free speech that flow from paid prioritization.

/Shooty

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    FYI:
    Net Neutrality Has Been a Pillar of the Open Internet

The FCC’s decision to gut net neutrality protections isn’t just partisan business as usual; it’s a withdrawal from over a decade of work to protect Internet users from unfair practices by Internet service providers. While the FCC’s approach has changed over the years, its goal of promoting net neutrality did not. Two years ago, it finally adopted legally enforceable rules, most prominently bright-line prohibiting ISPs from blocking, throttling, and creating Internet “fast lanes” that would favor some sites and content over others. But, as the saying goes, “elections have consequences.” One consequence of the 2016 election is that the FCC has new leadership that feels free not just to change the rules, but to get rid of them altogether.

Ushering in a Pay-To-Play Internet
    Because the draft order repeals net neutrality rules altogether, it allows ISPs to block or throttle lawful content, or give the highest-paying websites and apps a better ability to reach customers’ devices, or to favor Internet traffic from the ISPs’ own subsidiaries and business partners, all without any legal repercussions. It paves the way for an Internet that works more like cable television, where wealthy insiders decide which speakers can reach a broad audience. A pay-to-play Internet means that smaller sites and apps, or startups without major funding, will be forced to negotiate with multiple ISPs to avoid their content being buried, degraded, or even blocked.

The draft order claims that “latency-sensitive” applications will benefit from paying to connect to you faster and more reliably, while other apps and sites will continue to work as they do today. But without rules, nothing will require ISPs to give the same quality of service even to apps that pay the same amount, let alone those that can’t afford it. Content from an ISP’s business affiliates or favored partners will be able to get a fast lane no matter how much another website or app is willing to pay. The order justifies its conclusions by cherry-picking some economic analyses that support them, while ignoring the harms to free speech that flow from paid prioritization.

/Shooty
    So what does all that you posted means in a nutshell. Make it simple for me please. Dumb it down for me.....thanks

Ambassador
    So what does all that you posted means in a nutshell. Make it simple for me please. Dumb it down for me.....thanks
    I already did that for you.He was just posting the proof.You kinda answered your own question when you said it works on one isp and not good on another.

It means, data from "favored partners", will have priority to available bandwidth, and others (especially iptv streams), get throttled or re-routed.
    /Shooty

Junoir Member
    Ok, gotcha......thanks

get active
    I was surprised, yet again, that there is a new version of the STB Emulator Pro which comes with changes to some of the bugs that were in the earlier version and it might be of help to keep tabs on this app as the updates have been more frequent lately. The players can and do create some of the issues as in black screens with sound, without sound as well as looping, freezing and other issues that relate to pixelation, weird video and audio that creates more questions than answers. The difference in what you use with PPV movies or channels can be eye openers as some work better with VLC, some with MPV and others with whatever they might have listed on any number of app stores, If you're having a slow day with nothing to watch, try downloading, installing some new and different media players and post your results as it helps those who rely on good info