Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wing Commander

Confusion and box types?

Maybe someone can clear up. I have been running a MAG254 & 275 for quite awhile now and was looking to get another box, But, after reading on here and other places I am confused as to what box(s) will work in the same manner that I am used to.

I was under the impression that the 254 & 275 run on the Stalker platform?

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel but what is the highest/newest/best MAG box that will work on this same platform?

Thanks!
    If it's electronic...it can be hacked...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The boxes listed below all work similar as that MAG and do have a version of the Stalker onboard as well (is why they will work the same).
    The different boxes would have slightly different options but as far as setting up the iptv , it is same or similar to the MAG boxes.
    Some of those new MAG boxes from Infomir changed from the Stalker Middleware to another Middleware called Ministra.
    That Ministra is at present not compatible with papiao services.

The biggest difference between Mag boxes and other boxes shown below, is that the Mag is not running on an Android operating system, while those mentioned below do run on a Android OS.
    What that means is that those shown below will do the same thing with iptv and their Stalker applications, but can also work with KOdi and can install other applications onto that Android, while you can not do that with the Mag boxes, (except the mag 410 , I think it is the only mag box that runs on a Android OS)

Look at these boxes in 3 ways...
    1. the box will work with IPTV services or IPTV Playlists with it's Stalker Middleware onboard but does not have an Android OS.
    2. the box will work with IPTV services or IPTV Playlists with it;s Stalker Middleware, but also has an Android OS.
    3. the box will not work the same with iptv services thru a Midleware, because there is no Middleware onboard. These boxes are strictly Android devices. They can run the iptv services but would need a third party application which could run on Kodi or thru an installed App.

Dreamlink (all models)
    BuzzTV (all models)
    EZ Media Player (all models)
    Formuler (some models)
    Global Media Box (all models)
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    i have not had a buzz box but have been using dreamlink for awhile now and am happy with them.

Wing Commander
    Awesome! Thanks you for the reply. I may be open to other boxes but I am a creature of habit...so the MAG 410 will work on both Platforms?

If so I might just get that if not then a Dreambox....but then which one? LOL

Wing Commander
    Which model of Dreambox is the "best"?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzzard View Post
    Awesome! Thanks you for the reply. I may be open to other boxes but I am a creature of habit...so the MAG 410 will work on both Platforms?

If so I might just get that if not then a Dreambox....but then which one? LOL
    check which Middleware it has onboard.
    Stalker or Ministra

And I don't think you will find a new 410 model, they have been discontinued by infomir
    If memory serves me, infomir also changed their last 410 model productions with the Ministra Middleware.
    Code:
    https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/archive/mag410/
    I think the 424 is it's newest version with the Android OS, but it runs Ministra

Look in Specifications
    Code:
    https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/mag424Aw3/
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Which model of Dreambox is the "best"?

Thanks!
    all thou certain 'Dreambox' models do have the abilities to do iptv (in a round about way), it's not the Dreambox that was mentioned here.
    It is the Dreamlink that is talked about here.

You'd be in a world of hurt trying to congfigure a Dreambox to get setup and working for iptv, and it would help to be able to read German
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    Gotcha...so the 410 & 424 work on both platforms...I found a few new 410's on eb and the 424 is everywhere. So in my position what would u do?

Gotcha...so the 410 & 424 work on both platforms...I found a few new 410's on eb and the 424 is everywhere. So in my position what would u do?
    they work on both platforms as in Linux OS and Android OS, yes.... but they run Ministra Middleware, which is not compatible with papiao
    So no, they will not work with papiao
    - Frank Zappa

Wing Commander
    Mainly I just want it to work like my current setup...anything else is a bonus...so I see my options as for a new MAG is: 322, 410, 424, & 425

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast