Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

BuzzTV XR4000 XRS4000 - copy and paste with Total Commander

How to copy and paste those long URLs.
    It can be a pain typing out those entire URLs into the areas with your Server or Streaming or M3u setups.
    The 'copy' from text function is not something that can be done with most of these Androids, they need a File Manager to do that.
    The 'paste' function is an ability that your box does have. But we would need something to paste, so here is how...

We will need a File manager and many will do this job but of all I have tried, I do like the Total Commander for how it uses it's abilities in a efficient manner, more so then ES File Explorer.
    BTW, you do not really want to use the ES File Explorer any more these days, as it went thru many new owners/developers over the past few years and ended up being an app that is full of advertising and other un-needed and un-wanted surprises and of some of which may mess up your android box , so never use ES File Explorer to stay away from possible issues.
    The FX File Explorer kinda works the same as ES Explorer and is a good alternative, but it still does not match the Total Commander for our purposes here.
    The FX File Explorer is a great Manager thou when it comes to some other things, so you might wanna try that one out at a later date for other functions

FX File Explorer
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...-File-Explorer

Okay, back to the Total Commander...
    The site below is where I get my Total Commander APK from.
    Download it and put on USB storage device and side-load that onto your Buzz box.
    There will be a 'How To' sticky thread posted here in this forum for how to side load apk/app onto your Buzz box.

Here is the Total Commander apk
    Code:
    https://total-commander.en.uptodown.com/android
    I think ghisler is their home developer site thou.
    Code:
    https://www.ghisler.com/

Okay...
    For this example I am going to use a 'fake' m3u Playlist URL and as well will be adding a EPG URL for that Playlist too.
    This would also be a good way to use alternative EPG sources, if your Provider's default epg seems to be lacking.

So we need those URLs
    The Server's Playlist URL and the EPG URL

Look in the Server forum areas here at iptvTalk for instruction on how to get that Playlist URL

My example is shown coded below and is a FAKE Playlist URL, but does show what a m3u Playlist URL would look like ... and will suffice for our tutorial here.
    Code:
    http://s2.iptvgogo.tv:88/get.php?username=123456789&password=123456789&type=m3u_plus&output=ts
    And we will be using one of the two EPG URLs , which are shown below. These are real and work for nfps or rocket or iptv66
    You could even create two Playlist slots and have them exact same except the EPG URL. Then simply by switching between the slots you could test for any differences or issues or which works better with them alternate EPGs.
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_ks.xml
    or
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidjesuz/epg/master/guide.xml
    What you need to do now is create a notepad text doc on your PC or Laptop's desktop.
    Name that text doc as --> Server URL

Now create a second text doc and name that one as --> EPG URL kens
    Now create a third text doc and name that one as --> EPG URL acidjesus

While still working on your PC or Laptop Desktop...
    Open the Server URL doc with Notepad text editor and paste the full Playlist server url in there and save and close.
    Open the EPG URL doc and paste the full EPG URL in there... Do the same for both 'kens' and 'acidjesus' docs.

Load those 3 docs onto a USB storage device drive (or just the 2 docs if you only want the one EPG URL)

Okay now you should have the Total Commander loaded onto your BuzzTV box and you should now have those 2 or 3 of those text docs sitting on your USB drive.

We will also want a wireless mouse or USB attached mouse with your BuzzTV box.
    We do not really need this as you can use the Mouse feature on your Buzz remote. But if you have access to a remote mouse (wireless or other), then use that as it will be a great help with navigating around when coping the text using the Total Commander app.

Now insert that USB drive into BuzzTV box.
    Next is to now open the Total Commander app (it will be located in Your Apps, found on Home screen. Scroll down to bottom of Home Screen and back up again and the 'All Apps' option will appear, look in there.
    Open Total Commander and you will see two sides of the same thing, that is an old trick used by Linux systems, It helps with editing, coping, transferring and etc... but we only need the one side that we will be working with.
    Look for your USB drive there. Mine shows up as the brand name of the USB device (SanDisk)
    Open that and find the Server URL text doc and open that (highlight and click on it).

You should see the URL appear on screen.
    Now, this is where that remote mouse works nicely.
    Long press left click on it (at the end of the text) with mouse and an edit bubble and a context menu should appear. Select All and then select Copy.

If using the remote mouse feature you may have to try long pressing the OK button or perhaps hitting it twice to bring up that edit bubble and the context menu.

Now close that Commander app and open the Server Settings found on Home screen (use the back button or your mouse to back out of the app).
    Open M3U slot and Add M3U playlist
    You will next see a place to add the server name... Add a name, any name will do, or leave it named as ' M3U playlist 1 ' as it does show as default name.
    Exit the onscreen keyboard (with Back button on your RCU).
    Scroll down to the next line ' M3u Playlist URL ' and with your mouse Long Press / left click and the context window should appear again and this time with the Paste function available.
    If the Paste function is not showing and only the Copy and Cut functions are showing, then your coping process from earlier did not work for some reason .

Assuming it worked, you will now need to either use the Connect function or the Save function because we will need to exit this Playlist slot now and we do not want to loose that 'pasted' URL
    The Connect function does save the URL and as well does the Save function.
    So exit out of there and back to Total Commander and do the same process for the EPG URL and once that is copied, open Playlist 1 slot again and paste that EPG URL in the correct line and either Connect again or Save.

This all seems like alot of work just to bypass the need to type these URLs out in full form in those lines, but this is rather easy once you have it all setup and can be way to confirm there are no mistakes in typing the entire URL manually.

It takes more time to read this entire posted tutorial, then it does to do the actual process

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-05-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Great info as usual Crazed, ...Thanks!
    * I like the "2 m3u's with different EPG sources".
    /Shooty