Junoir Member

XR4000 and Android for Work

We're testing out a BuzzTV XR4000 for deployment in digital signage. But we're hitting a problem where we can't enroll the devices with Android for Work.

On a typical Android device, you do a factory reset, Android asks to setup WiFi, then asks for a Google Account. There, you enter afw#whatever_company_name, and it moves into the enrollment process. But the Android build used in the BuzzTV XR4000 skips these steps.

From our Mobile Device Management dashboard:
    "On a new/factory reset device(running Android 6.0 or later versions), specify afw#memdm as the default Google account during initial device setup to install the ME MDM app on the device automatically."

Does anyone know how to enroll a BuzzTV device with Android for Work? Do we need to install specific firmware or something?

Warrior
    So you cant go into apps and sign into google there?

Junoir Member
    I can sign into Google after the fact, but the "afw#memdm" account only works during the initial device setup - which BuzzTV's version of Android skips past.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDowne View Post
    I can sign into Google after the fact, but the "afw#memdm" account only works during the initial device setup - which BuzzTV's version of Android skips past.
    I can run this by the buzz guys but its likely something that has to be done from the mobile device management side

i dont know of any iptv box that makes you sign into google first but ive only owned 10 or so different ones

Never been asked for afw#whatever_company_name Google Account with any iptv box I have ever used ......always had to open google after all setup has been done from a reset