Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by duhhud View Post
    not every this is produced in hd leave it on 1080.some shows will have black bars on the sides,then some times on the top and bottom,then some time no black bars at all.you could zoom your tv to get rid of the bars but you are taking away from the picture quality by doing so.

does your sound go through a receiver turn the sound up then use the buzz tv to control it.

please delete
    i don't think this apply's
    zoom does distort the picture to much, Sound goes thru TV.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    screen resolution is the function you want and not video format, which is what the 480 or 720 or 1080 is

Zoom in or zoom out is a part of screen resolution functions. Look in the menus for a screen resolution function.
    Thanks. I am still working on it.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Thanks. I am still working on it.
    home settings,advanced settings ,display

Post some channel numbers too. Check the screen position too.

Bullwhale
    guest i take it you are using digital out to the sound bar.so try this on the buzztv set your sound half way with the remote,then with your sound bar remote start to increase your volume if the sound start to go up put it to where you want it then only use the buzz tv remote volume.

as far as for your tv.in the buzz tv advanced setting, set it to auto(you said it didn't make a difference right so leave on auto)
    now unplug your tv while your tv is unplug ,then unplug your buzz box and hdmi cord.then plug your tv in and then your box back in to see if the tv detects your box.if that does not work i would go into tv setting to make every thing right there... i am not that schooled on all the terms of what every thing is called

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by duhhud View Post
    guest i take it you are using digital out to the sound bar.so try this on the buzztv set your sound half way,then with your sound bar remote start to increase your volume if the sound start to go up put it to where you want it then only use the buzz tv remote volume.

as far as for your tv.in the buzz tv advanced setting, set it to auto(you said it didn't make a difference right so leave on auto)
    now unplug your tv while your tv is unplug ,then unplug your buzz box and hdmi cord.then plug your tv in and then your box back in to see if the tv detects your box.if that does not work i would go into tv setting to make every thing right there... i am not that schooled on all the terms of what every thing is called
    he didnt say he had screen resolution on auto,he had picture sizing on auto which is in configuration menu
    Last edited by NBS; 04-12-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Bullwhale
    Once you set your screen resolution to (auto switch to best resolution ) and if it still does no correct it
    i think Marley is right on going to a old HDMI like a 1.4 or 1.5

you do need a 2.0 or 2.1 for 4k but your tv is not 4k.

guest when you were trying to install the kokaleka app. you said you put the mac back and the live tv was working.
    was the picture good then.
    if so did you change anything after that.
    and have you tried the box on another tv to see if it work ok
    and do you have any other apps on the box for movies or tv if so how is with them app does it work fine or not

and p.s we have all been in the same boat as you but with the help from the great guys and gals on this site it will get solved

look for sound part is it only hdmi or are you going through a receiver need know that and truly i still think it hdmi cable both sound and picture comes from that you could reset the box too i just think tv is old and setting on tv are wrong undo all and see if tv is working right in first place one small step at time that first then a reset to box still think it hdmi cable have you tried a new one or go to friends house and see if it works on there tv if you can dont think your doing anything wrong have you tried a new cable yet are you using the one if came with ? all so if the cable has short the sound could stay loud as heck had that happen to me but not on hdmi cable
    Last edited by Marley; 04-12-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Chief Ninja
    Thanks for all the posts, I am working on it.
    I will try to answer a few of the questions from your posts.

No change before or after changing the MAC. No I don't need the 2.1 HDMI cable do not have a 4K TV, I will change to old cable soon and post if it helps or not. The channels are HBO, SHO, Cinemax type. When I get back on it I will make a few notes, generally, I just scan thru if the screen size is wacky.

not going thru a receiver just STB to TV.

Thanks again.

dumb question you saying only a few do that ? or is it all of them ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast