Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chief Ninja

picture sizing issues and low sound

I

Wow what a moron I have become (or maybe now I can just recognize it better) since I am quarantined.

I am have to go back to my 3000 the 4500 is eating my lunch, and I am running low on food!!!

Here I go. The picture size changes from channel to channel on LiveTV. I have tried several settings on advance setting menu . What should it be I have and old 1080 TV. Some channels has it stretched out so thin (10 inches tall in a 65"set) that I can hardly see it. I have it set to full screen but no difference with or with auto. What to do, what to do next? I aheb tried 480, 720, 1080 please help

The sound is very low even though I am using HDMI cable and have the volume setting as high as possible on the advanced setting on the 4500. I have to turn up the sound level to highest volume on the TV and then wherever I go back to TV from my STB the neighbors call the police because to sound is making their window glass shatter before I can get it turned down!!

Thank you for helping.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post

I have to turn up the sound level to highest volume on the TV and then wherever I go back to TV from my STB the neighbors call the police because to sound is making their window glass shatter before I can get it turned down!!

Thank you for helping.
    Turn the Sound DOWN before going back to the TV...

that could be your refresh rate thats wrong put it at 60hz and try older hdmi cable too

Bullwhale
    not every this is produced in hd leave it on 1080.some shows will have black bars on the sides,then some times on the top and bottom,then some time no black bars at all.you could zoom your tv to get rid of the bars but you are taking away from the picture quality by doing so.

does your sound go through a receiver turn the sound up then use the buzz tv to control it.

please delete
    i don't think this apply's

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    screen resolution is the function you want and not video format, which is what the 480 or 720 or 1080 is

Zoom in or zoom out is a part of screen resolution functions. Look in the menus for a screen resolution function.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

me i think try another hdmi cable and check 60 hz he said he changed the 480 720 and so on think it maybe bad hdmi just try it wont harm anything and how old is tv i have one that 15 yrs old and works great on this box wont do 1080 but 720p and its edtv thats how old it is

Warrior
    in screen resolution settings turn on autoswitch to best resolution

you didnt answer the question on whether or not you were using a receiver or straight to tv
    there are a bunch of audio settings

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Turn the Sound DOWN before going back to the TV...
    yeah I try to but the spouse does seem to remember.... or be happy about it. She is used to living in a perfect world.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    in screen resolution settings turn on autoswitch to best resolution

you didn't answer the question on whether or not you were using a receiver or straight to tv
    there are a bunch of audio settings
    straight TV also a sound bar. I have tried both independently, no difference in the outcome. I have tried autoswitch for screen.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    me i think try another hdmi cable and check 60 hz he said he changed the 480 720 and so on think it maybe bad hdmi just try it wont harm anything and how old is tv i have one that 15 yrs old and works great on this box wont do 1080 but 720p and its edtv thats how old it is
    I will try another HDMI cable this was a new one 2.1 version. TV about 12 years old I think, It's a smart TV, obviously smarter than me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast