Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chief Ninja

XRR4500 as a b'day present - yeah!

I got a XRS4500 as a birthday present today. I have tried to do donation today as well but I am concerned about the BITCOIN process (coinbase) What happens if i don't get the process correct do I lose my $$, I have watched the tutorial video, but being old and not computer savvy I have concerns, if it goes wrong can someone here help?

Is there anything that I can watch before I get the donation to go thru? Netflix won't load, It opens but it is just a fixed picture and I can not get any sign in or login to press.

How can I get a mouse to work with the 4500 since the remote doesn't have it?

Thank you so very for help me with these questions.

Warrior
    It might help to look at the little guide that came with the box
    mouse is the arrow button just below the mute button

Netflix-6.26.1_build_15_31696.apk.works
    The next update will have an working version of netflix installed

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    It might help to look at the little guide that came with the box
    mouse is the arrow button just below the mute button

Netflix-6.26.1_build_15_31696.apk.works
    The next update will have an working version of netflix installed
    '
    Thanks, i will read the instructions again, I probably need to reprogram the RC as well as the it doesn't work with tht TV. Operator problems as usual

Junoir Member
    I just renewed my donation yesterday, I know there are many ways to do it. this is what I did... Downloaded the bitcoin (B in orange circle) wallet from google play on my smart phone. then, wallet settings >general>denomination and precision tap to choose to BTC, 8 decimal places and exit. your wallet is ready to receive and send bitcoins. this is how I buy 'em. I go to a bitcoin atm Machine (they are in malls and gas stations (Nova is very easy) once at bitcoin machine tap on "buy bitcoins" next on amount choose $1-999 no Id required. on next request your phone number to receive SMS code. enter code received and from three options choose "my wallet" or similar open your bitcoin wallet App on you phone and tap QR code top right corner to expand it and placed in front of the atm flashing scanner light once scanned, you'll see a message like "your bitcoins will be sent to a mix of digits like: 3Jmx4Tnlj9Mz.Which is your Wallet address equivalent a bank account. next, insert bills one by one lets say" 20,40 etc. and tap finish. the machine will start a short process then will offer a receipt showing the amount deposited, amountin bitcoins like BTC 0.00605124 and trasaction fee (about three dollars) and balance in dollars. sounds complicated but is very simple once you do it the first time it takes about two minutes.
    Your concern about losing funds is my concern too!!! that's why I NEVER type the payee's bitcoin address manually. To receive, I always expand QR and scan to pay. We always have the options to enter manually or show QR. Let's say, I have to pay $15.00 in bitcoins, It will say sent to this address: Jx5MdzP9snR2jR9 (show QR) exactly BT O.00335120 If you type just ONE wrong digit you will have no idea who you sent the bitcoins to once you tap the sent button. I ALWAYS open the (show or expand QR) then when I open my wallet to send I tap on the little camera and scan the payee's QR barcode to always get the right address and proceed to enter the amount requested. Some websites even once you scan their barcode the amount to pay is already there, all you have to do is just press the sent or pay button. I hope this helps.

TV Addicted
    This is my simplified version of paying with Bitcoin (which I have used about 4 times) and I don't really understand it.
    So here goes:
    Purchase your donation from whichever site you use (3 choices)
    You will get a ORDER# and a QR code much like a bill you would get if you where buying something but not paying till the end of the month with cash or cheque.
    Use your cell phone and take a picture of that. Make sure you have the ORDER# and QR code in the picture. (I used my laptop to do the order then cell phone to take picture of the screen)
    Find a bit coin ATM
    Follow instructions on the machine insert money scan your picture from the phone. Last time I did it they charged 5$ for the transaction so add that to your purchase or whatever there fee is.
    You will get a receipt with a QR code
    Use your cell phone and get a picture of that screen on the ATM.
    Done... I was about 45seconds at the ATM
    I am an hour from a Bitcoin ATM that's the biggest part of my deal and when I got back my days where credited that I purchased.
    I don't use a bitcoin wallet and I assume if I used my cell phone to do the first part of the order it would be even quicker or simpler you would just save the page and scan at the ATM

Junoir Member
    dfr1960 There are many ways to make payments. your method seems to be good but be careful because the purchase address given to send the bitcoins NORMALLY expires in one HOUR if you send it late, you will have no idea who you send it to. using my way you have the money in your wallet until ready to pay. regards

Chief Ninja
    Thanks for the reply,, due to COVID 19 I can not get out the place I am to get to a BITCOIN machine. So I will keep searching for a way to do it online.

Code:
    https://help.coinify.com/article/106-how-to-pay-with-bitcoin-guide-for-the-customers-of-coinify-merchants
    read everything and
    Code:
    https://www.wikihow.com/Send-Bitcoins
    Last edited by Marley; 04-06-2020 at 05:19 PM.

TV Addicted
    [QUOTE=Lomx;269073]dfr1960 There are many ways to make payments. your method seems to be good but be careful because the purchase address given to send the bitcoins NORMALLY expires in one HOUR if you send it late, you will have no idea who you send it to. using my way you have the money in your wallet until ready to pay. regards[/QUOTE

Thanks I didnt know that. Like I said I am NO expert but that was how I used it ....so far its been easy and it worked out for me.... I only use it for this and always used the same ATM .. Sounds like I should use my phone outside the ATM to get the order... pretty sure last time I ordered it the night before and it was around 12hrs before I completed the purchase...
    Again Thanks

i told everyone i know to do the atm machine thats the ez way even posted that many times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast