Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Turning On New BuzzTv XRS 4500

Hi guys, I hope you can give me a hand on this. I got my BuzzTv xrs 4500 about a week ago and I like all about this box but lately, for some reason i 've been having problems to turn it on using the remote control. so, the only way to turn it back on is unpluging the power cord. Checked batteries,changed HDMI Cable, tried remote from BuzzTv XPL 3000 (also works with this box) Changed CEC switch settings but nothing works. I did factory reset and the problem was solved but only for three days, I should say that after minutes (perhaps hours) sometimes I am able to turn it on but not always. I got the sense that some apks working in the background are preventing the unit from turning on I have no problem to turn it off. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

maybe the tv your using is interfering with the remote and box ...test it on another tv........

Junoir Member
    Good Idea Will try that

if vizo it will do that

Junoir Member
    changed tv same problem will check apks downloded next.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    this xrs4500 acted almost the same way for me.
    Seemed it would not power up with the remote. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, the light on the front display did not change either, so I was gonna press the power again but suddenly it powered on (it was about a 5 or 6 second delay before I saw it power on).
    This happened only twice to me.
    I have since then been powering off by holding the power button (long press) and then select the Power Off option, as opposed to Stand By.
    My thinking was it had previoisly had a difficult time 'waking up' from Stand By ...
    I do not know if that is what solved my issue or even if issue is solved or was an issue , but not seen since, so far.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-05-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    this xrs4500 acted almost the same way for me.
    Seemed it would not power up with the remote. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, the light on the front display did not change either, so I was gonna press the power again but suddenly it powered on (it was about a 5 or 6 second delay before I saw it power on).
    This happened only twice to me.
    I have since then been powering off by holding the power button (long press) and then select the Power Off option, as opposed to Stand By.
    My thinking was it had previoisly had a difficult time 'waking up' from Stand By ...
    I do not know if that is what solved my issue or even if issue is solved or was an issue , but not seen since, so far.
    Here i thought it was me not being able to figure out wht power button does what.I'd the green 10 times then red 10.Then by luck it would come on. A few times i just resorted to pull the plug and plug it back in.

Warrior
    Go to Advanced Settings, Then Press on "PowerKey Definition", Then Choose "Shutdown". will do the same instaed of holding power button down

Junoir Member
    This is weird, Sometimes turns on right away a few times and sometimes fail to start but if I wait about a minute it turns on again. Since this model pushes the updates automatically, I got the feeling that the box is doing something in the background so, I am going to go to settings and "developer mode" and lower the number of aplications running to see what happens after that.

i must be the only one here that never turns of box and i had this box filled and it still ran fine just for testing cant do that to many boxes once full
    Last edited by Marley; 04-05-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast