TV Addicted

Changing portal on Papio

Is there any way to get a different portal other than P5 or P6, that is all I get, an these are always having problems, an I would like to get away from them.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the system will only give you those two as options.
    I guess if you were on p1 then you would have a choice of p1 or p2
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Pretty much. When you switch portals, you only change from one to another and back to the same. (from what I have seen) You can be changed to another portal besides those 2.

TV Addicted
    Those two portals are the worst on the system per many posts. If they are the worst, the they need to be fixed. I am at a point where I have to consider weather to renew or just go away. If I have to go it will not be my loss. I have been with this service almost since the beginning in the IKS days. Please note I do not consider this "new" service as "testing", It is a service I have been willing to pay for, because it generally has been very steady through the years, but not the last 6 - 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by fastrick View Post
    Those two portals are the worst on the system per many posts. If they are the worst, the they need to be fixed. I am at a point where I have to consider weather to renew or just go away. If I have to go it will not be my loss. I have been with this service almost since the beginning in the IKS days. Please note I do not consider this "new" service as "testing", It is a service I have been willing to pay for, because it generally has been very steady through the years, but not the last 6 - 8 months.
    if you are saying its been steady through the years then something needs to keep in mind that server is still good but something might be wrong with your equipment, your modem/router, your wiring, your ISP's system or their policy ...etc
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    It is not my ISP, it is just bad portals, that is why I wanted off of P5 and P6. I have been able to change to P2 and most of what I watch is fine. My only problem now has to do with the guide and the information about the program, it does not provide anything but garbage for info only thing that makes sense is the name of the program.

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrick View Post
    It is not my ISP, it is just bad portals, that is why I wanted off of P5 and P6. I have been able to change to P2 and most of what I watch is fine. My only problem now has to do with the guide and the information about the program, it does not provide anything but garbage for info only thing that makes sense is the name of the program.
    Glad you got it working. I agree with you 100% p6. is a pain in the you know what. I wish they would just get 2 NEW PORTALS or 1 that just works steady.. if possible. More to play with and not always going down with problems ... andkaal