Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Loading channel list and epg" hang on startup

This happens with two different providers. When using one of the 3 m3u slots to load the channel list and epg, on startup, "loading channel list and epg" just hang. It will not connect to the server. It does this sometimes and other times it loads quickly.

It makes no difference if I use the long url for the channel list and epg or the tinybit url.

I did notice when I connect just using the channel list url and not the epg url simultaneously, it loads normally. But when I take out the epg url and just use the channel list it connects to the server normally, no hang time.

Using a different branded box, connecting the same exact way there are no issues. So I don't know what gives.

Anyone else experience this?

I have the latest update 3/17. But this has been happening with all prior updates.

Dr.Bob is in the House
    Having same issue - Stuck on - "Loading channel list" I have done complete reset including reentering all required fields, downloaded update and everything else I can think of but no joy - it keeps reverting to "loading channel list" - Anyone have any idea what I am missing or is the 'ol Buzz toast. Thanks in advance
    Dr. Bob

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Bob View Post
    Having same issue - Stuck on - "Loading channel list" I have done complete reset including reentering all required fields, downloaded update and everything else I can think of but no joy - it keeps reverting to "loading channel list" - Anyone have any idea what I am missing or is the 'ol Buzz toast. Thanks in advance
    Dr. Bob
    I doubt the issue is with the buzz box.
    MauiMang0's issues were a mystery but at this time it probably is server related.

Which server setup method are you using ?
    Are you using 'credentials' in the serve setup ? Leave that blank, as long as your mac is attached you do not need credentials in server setup
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Bob View Post
    Dr. Bob
    It may get stuck if the EPG data is not there.
    I have had this problem lately with IPTVXtra2, using the "Merge Provider & Alternate EPG" function.
    So I tried to use just the Provider guide and Kodi will just get stuck there waiting for data.
    *(If it could not connect, it would have immediately stopped trying, but since it connects, it waits for the Reply data (which never responds).
    /Shooty

Dr.Bob is in the House

Problem solved - Thanks Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    I doubt the issue is with the buzz box.
    MauiMang0's issues were a mystery but at this time it probably is server related.

Which server setup method are you using ?
    Are you using 'credentials' in the serve setup ? Leave that blank, as long as your mac is attached you do not need credentials in server setup
    Thought that was required protocol but apparently not - thanks Crazed - deleted credentials, rebooted and the 'ol doll is back to her own self again. Would be interesting to find out why this occurred as unit was at friends place and he was using it - all of a sudden it started doing the "loading channel list" loop. I brought it to my place to see if I could fix and did everything I thought would work - reboot/reset/reenter information/reset unit on Pap to no avail. Your solution did the trick.
    You are the "Person" to be politically correct in these times lol
    Dr. B

your friend prolly had the credentials entered at one time (when they were needed). Then at one time he must have unchecked the box, which negates the credentials, BUT... if them credentials are still entered, then at times (random times) the credentials box can somehow enable itself (it has happened to me before).
    So that is why I say to delete the credentials and also uncheck the box, then that scenario will not happen again.

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Dr.Bob is in the House
    As I said, it was working here - Returned unit to original location and "Oil Beef Hooked" as a Newfoundlander would say it went back to same "loading channel list" delay. Prior to connecting unit I did an IPTV reset from here but still no joy - Any further suggestions? Thanks again Crazed
    Dr. B

While that message is showing, can you enter the EPG menu ?
    If so, then enter the menu and scroll to the channels that follow the PPV channels. I think they start at # 105

Stay in the EPG menu and sit on that channel for a few seconds, then change it to the next channel below and wait a few seconds and repeat as often as needed until something happens. Stay in the EPG menu while doing all this.

This is kinda a fix to what shooty has described. Do not know if it is 'the fix' or even 'the problem' but give that a try.

I think on them boxes there is also an option to load fast EPG.... look in the side bar menu and under configuration option for that (i think).
    Try changing that, if the option is there.
    - Frank Zappa

Have you checked if ISP Lock is Enabled?
    IPTV Reset will clear everything, but next time you connect, the Server will save your IP and Enable the lock.
    Any attempt to connect from another location, will fail.
    /Shooty

Dr.Bob is in the House
    Thanks Shooty n Crazed for info/input - I will check that out. I tried to update unit (mine running V2.0(352) and this unit on V2.0(317) - update goes thru the download to 100% but (317) still there. Checked the "Storage" in "My PVR" and zero free space - Thinking that may be why unit not picking up update or channel list. Removed a host of "Movies" , in which the actors wardrobe budget was very limited, using "File Manager" in Apps, and feed up some memory. Unit upgraded to 352 and did reboot. Unit fired up but seems slow compared to mine (same unit, at my place so same ISP) Interesting to find out which other files can be removed to free up more memory. Will recommend he installs card to record his "shows" on lol
    Thanks for all assistance - hope this helps others
    Dr. B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast