Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Walmart , the coperate monster does it yet again

In my home town here in Canada, we have recently initiated a policy to stop useage of all single use plastics.
    That means when going shopping we now have to bring our own bags or other means to carry our groceries home. No big deal thou and most all of us in town here are now acclimatized to it now.
    We have bags that are made of cloth or made of other things that make them multi useable. I for one love the idea

What Walmart did was to acquire plastic bags that are slightly thicker so they no longer fall under the one time useage policy.
    I do not understand the logic in that except that the cooperate giant do not care about anything except selling product and making money and in the process destroying our world (or at the least playing a part in it).

We as the consumer are speaking up and things are getting changed, like the usage of plastics. While in the meantime the monster known as Walmart compounds the problem with their THICKER plastics

Walmart has done and is doing things that are deplorable to mankind and to this planet, but this latest move is beyond belief (is how I see things anyway).
    Walmart is a cooperate monster, as also are most all cooperations.

Sorry about my rant guys but I am appalled in how Walmart has done things in the past and this newest move just adds to that.
    Money, greed and no care for the human... That is how a cooperation operates and needs to operate or it will fall by the wayside.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

They are also doing away with the cashiers, replacing them with self serv!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooty View Post
    They are also doing away with the cashiers, replacing them with self serv!
    It's a shame to see that at other less 'cooperate' stores.
    I wanna say that its a shame to see that at Walmart too (and it is for those unlucky enough to be employed there), but if we all quit working at and ever entering a Walmart, then my job is done here

And then on to the next Cooperate Monster
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    All of San Diego County and probably California start that a few years ago so not all the stores sell those thicker bags for 10 cents. Tijuana is now even not offering bags but also many stores doen't even sell them. I'm sure the 10 cents is just a gimmick to get around the law in that they are selling so people will be less likely to throw them out.