TV Addicted

CrazyCarls BuzzTV XRS 4500 Review

A work in progress review:

Today we are looking at the Buzz XRS4500 beast mode model. With the following highlighted specs:
    CPU Amlogic S905X3 64-bit quad-core ARM® Cortex™ A55
    GPU G31™ MP2
    RAM 4GB LPDDR4
    STORAGE 64GB
    WIFI: 2.4GHz + 5GHz + 2X2 WIFI + Bluetooth 4+
    Ethernet: 1Gbit Lan
    3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
    Audio Decoder: Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
    USB host: 1 High-speed USB 3.0 and 1 High-speed USB 2.0
    Card reader: TF cards
    HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920x1080 pixel
    OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
    Remote: Dual IR + Bluetooth Remote
    HD: HD 2.1 up to 4k2k Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K@60 max
    Resolution output HD 2.1 up to 4k2k Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K@60 max
    resolution output:4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
    Remote: IR + Bluetooth Remote

Appearance: Thicker a bigger box with a bigger logo, not much bigger but would say the overall footprint is still incredibly compact for what is inside. The bigger blue when on and red when off logo is the usual buzz icon for those who know and are familiar with it. Power adapter is different on this model it reminds me of more of a shaver/beard trimmer style plug. Protrudes about 2-3 inches out from the wall. This did cause me to have purchase a 180 degree swivel outlet adapter to ensure it still fit behind my tv, might be a no biggie to you but the wife says if it doesn’t fit behind the tv in the old roku tv mount then it’s a no go. Luckily if you still have a roku behind the tv mount from your roku days it fits, not perfectly but it does the trick.

The remote: Better and better, the remote is very similar to the XR previous generation with the exception of the coloured Red, Green,Blue, and Yellow being slightly different. The biggest generation difference this time around is the remote is BACKLIT also this time around the remote is IR+Bluetooth and this makes it being behind the tv or out of sight a no problem, this is a big win! another huge improvement is the mouse functionality this has been vastly improved and is extremely fast now which provides an exceptional experience when using apps that require a mouse.

The UI: If you have owned a newer generation buzz the TV4 theme is the same, from as far as I have seen it hasn’t changed and for good reason it works and works well. Refer to my previous review for specifics on differences between this and other skins as well. A note for the UI which I have been told will be fixed in an update is that downloaded applications from the google play store don’t have a shortcut currently in the all apps folder on screen. They are still on the box you just can’t access them through the main Ui it has to be done through google play (Again this has been reported and is going to be fixed in the next update)

Applications: With the mouse functions now on the newer remote I am no longer using my plex,Netflix,emby addonds in kodi I am just using the google Versions because they are actually practical now. Disney plus and Hulu,YouTube applications as long as they are the mouse additions should also be fine. Keep it mind I have not tested Disney or Hulu or YouTube but their is usually a version out there that will work on it.

Buzztv4 Player: This was the portion I was hoping would be the most improved and it has, the speed that the new processor brings in combo with ram means smooth eveything, I have to refer to my petco dog groomer for this portion because she uses iptv and I don’t. She said that eveything runs smooth thus far from what she has tested, she has tested a MAC connection and a M3u connection both are fast and have great “zap” times.

What I like:
    -remote is backlight now
    -remotes mosue function 100% better
    -App switch is quick and easy and fast
    -Buzztv4 is smooth as butter with the 4 gigs and better processor, no lag at all compared to 2 gig model.
    -M3U,XC, MAC all play beautifully

What I don’t like:
    -applications don’t appear in all apps shortcut after download (Being worked on)
    -new power adapter not as compact as previous generation

Suggestions/What I would like to see in the future:
    -Remote the exact same just throw a keyboard on the back.
    -Possible Andriodtv OS switch, however this maybe impossible
    -New features to Buzztv4 such as multi screen, Picture in Picture, plex/emby server intergrstion in the VOD/Tv series section like DLNA

Pinball Wizard
    Thank you, nice review!

Very nice Review .....and yes I agree Andriodtv OS switch, won't happen

Warrior
    The apps not showing will be fixed in next update

will this play dolby atmos i see 7.1

Warrior
    As i posted in the other thread discussing audio

audio decoding
    Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing

The answer would be no

i got it just to new maybe some day only few will hope some day they will time will tell for now my blue ray player will
    Last edited by Marley; 03-09-2020 at 02:48 PM.