Junoir Member

Weird problem with iptv

Hi, Got one of those xpl3000 basic boxes, it had an old subscription that was working fine wireless and wired, however few days ago installed a new iptv provider and i have a weird issue. The built-in (buzztv) app seems to stop after about 5 minutes of watching. If I change channels, it works again. This only seems to happen on wifi, if I connect the box via wired cable, all is fine. I tried using another iptv app with a different provider and it seems to work fine via wifi (and wired). Android ver is 7.1 and I haven't found a way to downgrade it, as I've seen some people say the 7.1 upgrade may have caused it. Anything else to try here? reinstall of buzztv app maybe?

Warrior
    you cant downgrade the basic
    Have you cleared cache? cleared memory?
    check your storage .make sure memory is not full

Junoir Member
    Cleared cache, storage has over 2gb free space so that should be ok... Clear memory, do you mean the wipe icon in bottom right next to power icon? if so, did that.

In your Server settings, make sure your secondary service is disconnected, and your primary service is enabled.
    Turn off you STB. (* then unplug power).
    *also turn off other devices connected to your network (pc/ phone/ etc)
    Reboot your Router (*not a reset, remove power for 5min. then power back on)
    Wait 5 minutes approx.
    Restart your STB.
    This should set your stb a priority device with the MAC# comm. protocol to your primary service.
    Then power on any other devices.
    If you have the problem still, then i would suspect the buzz basic does not have enough available resources, to satisfy the overhead of data from the 2 (MAC based)services.

BTW & FYI, ...Always use a wired connection for IPTV service whenever possible.
    Wifi is a last resort, as the wifi channels can become quite congested and noisy, depending on your location and surrounding environment.
    *(Wired connections are quiet and dedicated just for the STB, and does not have to fight intermittent devices).
    Also, IPTV LiveTV connections are different than VOD, or Streaming sites like YouTube, Netflix etc. If you have corrupted data packets while connected to a streaming service, the protocol used, facilitates a large look ahead buffer and a request method to resend a bad data packet. You would not notice any disruptions. Whereas an IPTV .ts stream does not have this, and will either pause and wait for the next packet, and if it is not the packet required to reassemble a block of data, will dump the in-process data, and start decoding the next data block. (It is noticed that some Servers may not handle this well and may disconnect, and I suspect it to be dependent on the Data Load of the server.).
    /shooty

Warrior
    buzz basic can handle more than one service and have tested 5 myself

Junoir Member
    Yeah it just seems weird that it stops after about 5 minutes on wifi using one provider but not another (which would tend to eliminate wifi as being the problem). Everything works wired but the person that will use it must use wireless as their router is far away so we're trying to figure out how to fix the wifi issue with buzztv app.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    could be an issue with the router switching between 2.4g and 5g
    If the server is interrupted just for a split second (something the user would not notice), at this time the router may try switching from one band to another looking for optimal signal. But the issue lies in the interruption and not the band.

I would look into something along them lines as a possible cause.
    Some routers will have onboard a thing called Smart Steering and its job is to do exactly what I outlined, (it may be called something else other then Smart Steering with different supplied routers)
    Look into that and turn it off if applicable.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Just FYI from a user on other Forum;
    Unable to connect to server

02-25-2020, 01:32 PM

Hello all, I would to share this information that I was experiencing with my buzz 3000 of being unable to connect to server due to connection error. Every so often, the box will freeze and when reboot, it will not reconnect. I finally decided to hard wire the connection directly from the modem to the box instead of via wifi. Instantly it connects and stay connected with no freezing. this has been more than a week without any freezing. I thought I may share this information and hope it will be useful to somebody.