Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I saw you guys posted this news at damn near same time.
    I moved 4me's post here with your's dara

And thnx guys ... I was really really down in the dumps about all this since reported yesterday.
    It feels so good to know it was a simple misunderstanding and not a deliberate action against Bubba

Them FBI guys are on the ball

Now what the heck is happening at the Sonoma Race Track ??!!
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Thumbs up

"An apparent noose was discovered by an employee at Sonoma Raceway in California on Saturday, prompting an investigation, as racing deals with the aftermath of another noose being found in Black driver Bubba Wallace's garage at Talladega Supersweedway on Sunday.

Sonoma Raceway general manager Steve Page said in a statement that an employee found a piece of twine fashioned in the shape of a noose on a tree on the track's property Saturday morning.

“On Saturday, a Sonoma Raceway staff member discovered a piece of twine tied in what appeared to be a noose hanging from a tree on raceway property," the statement read. "Our staff, on-site business tenants and local law enforcement have been contacted and asked to share any information they may have. The incident is under investigation by the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department. Sonoma Raceway takes this incident very seriously and is dedicated to operating a facility that is welcoming to everyone.”

"You can reasonably interpret (it) to be a noose," Page told NBC Bay Area.

"(The employee) was understandably very upset about it.

"To have something like that show up on our property is disgusting."

The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office told NBC Bay Area that the perpetrator, if arrested, could be charged with a hate crime."...

No Picture so Maybee just a Copy-Cat at work...!

Thnx 4me

After what happen at Teladega, that situation at Sonoma sounds like something some dumbass no brained idiot would do to scare up some chit and then sit in his little basement bedroom somewhere and watching for the results on his TV

On the other note about Teladega... that noose which had been (according to investigation)put there last year, could have been something used as a tool, in a way.
    I say this because in my truck I have this thing that is on a recoil string and on one end it holds a bic lighter. The other end is a clip to hook on your belt loop or some place.
    What I do thou is take some string and make a loop at one end and then tie off the other end somewhere on my dashboard or rear-view mirror in my truck... then I clip that recoil device on to the loop I made with string. The loop I made was a 'noose' and with 13 knots too. I did the 13 knots to go with what the Hangman would use as a legal noose to hang criminals in the outlaw cowboy days and nothing to do with the memory of the plight of the enslaved people.
    Main reason I used a noose type loop in first place was that it looked better hanging there instead of just a clumsy looking loop knot hanging there on my dashboard.

I picked up a hitch hiker about a year ago thou and he was offended by that noose, not so much that he wanted to kill me, but enough to let me know about it. I explained to him it was a hangman's noose and was fitting to be a cigarette lighter hanger as them cigs will kill yea... and not a vigilante or KKK type noose, but I removed that noose anyway and never made another one since.
    Oh, and I have also quit smoking since then too

Just saying all this because now that we know the 'noose' was not directed at whats going on these days, but in fact may have been totaling innocent when it was originally made.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-23-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    - Ren

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    "Noose" turned out to be a garage door pull rope that had been here for months, per FBI investigation. Just a really bad misunderstanding.

In neither instance at the Race Tracks are there pictures of the So-called Noose's... W/O Pics it is Hard to Determine just what was seen and what reaction there should bee...

On a Side-Note, Glad You Stopped Smoking Now quit Spinning those Tires, Rubber cost $'s...!!!
    Last edited by 4me2c; 06-23-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    In neither instance at the Race Tracks are there pictures of the So-called Noose's... W/O Pics it is Hard to Determine just what was seen and what reaction there should bee...

On a Side-Note, Glad You Stopped Smoking Now quit Spinning those Tires, Rubber cost $'s...!!!
    I did stop spinning them truck tires too... since I bought a little sporty car .. GrandPrix GTP Supercharged, I don't drive the truck much anymore
    - Ren

Ambassador
    This site is turning into a NASCAR site instead of an IPTV site!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
    This site is turning into a NASCAR site instead of an IPTV site!!!
    There is a reason for that, or an excuse for that , maybe is more so correct ...

There been some big money and big time invested into our nascar pools and pool members, since going on many years now. It goes back a few years here and with another few years at a previous website. Just setting up every race thread and tallying posting results is amazing to see each and every race.
    Every year there is a Diecast thread showing the diecast winners from random races during the season and for the podium winners at season's end.
    This year's thread is not been created yet due to 'world events', but dara is our soul winner so far this year.
    Check the Sticky threads for the 2018 and 2019 threads.

Here is an example of diecast that can be available to choose from...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ecast-car-list

So you see we do have quite alot invested in our pools.
    Anyone can join our pools anytime, although starting at the season beginning would greatly help your chances, but we do hold random diecast races too, but not so much this year thou with the way things are out there in that scary world of ours.

You are lucky its an exciting sport, I tried doing a some-what similar thing with Golf, but there was only two of us in that pool... me and myself.. I did win lots
    - Ren

Only 2 in Golf...?!? All the Ones 4me has tried had at least 3 Entrants in them ie : Me, Meself and I...!

Exclamation

Code:
    https://racingnews.co/2020/06/23/fbi-concludes-investigation-of-noose-at-nascar-race-in-talladega-its-been-there-since-october-2019/
    Picture :
    Code:
    https://twitter.com/Mike79824465/status/1275387692570869761/photo/1
    Open that ^^^ at Your Own Risk or just c/p the Top Link to the story and scroll down to the Pictures...!!!

Read This, Then Read It Again :

"Wood Brothers Racing

The Wood Brothers Racing team used the same No. 4 garage stall back in Fall 2019. Pictures surfaced from 2019 of the Wood Brothers #21 in the garage. The door pull rope was tied like a noose, even back in 2019 and before the Wood Brothers occupied the stall.

This type of knot is commonly seen on garage door pull ropes. It just makes it easier to pull closed, they can be found on many garages that don’t feature garage door openers.

The NASCAR team released the following statement on Tuesday:

“We are thankful that there was no one involved in perpetrating hate during this weekend’s race,” a statement from Wood Brothers Racing said.

“Just like the rest of the NASCAR garage, we were shocked and appalled to learn of the existence pf the rope fashioned like a noose. One of our employees alerted us yesterday morning that, without knowing the details of the incident, he recalled seeing a tied handle in the garage pull-down rope from last fall.”

“We immediately alerted NASCAR and have assisted the investigation in every way possible. What transpired over the past day plus is a unity that has only served to strengthen the bonds between each and every crew member, fan and non-fan alike.”

“The Wood Brothers organization is proud to stand with Bubba Wallace and the entire industry as we work to make every race fan a part of our NASCAR family.”

Related: A noose was also hung at Sonoma Raceway
    Commentary

There were some mistakes made here, no question.

But, absent from any comments above is the fact that a noose was in fact hung from a tree at Sonoma Raceway on Saturday. It was tied out of rope and hung from a tree on the property. (Not Twine...!!!)

Without knowing for certain, you can assume the team members in Talladega were alerted to the incident at the NASCAR track in California.

Until that point, they weren’t looking for a noose. Before that, the loop on the garage door is just a knot.

When the noose was discovered at Sonoma, the team returned to the garage at Talladega Superspeedway with that on their minds on Sunday. Assumptions were made, but it was also out of safety and caution.

That’s the only explanation for what’s gone horrible wrong here. At the same point, it is a relief to know a monster isn’t walking amoung the garage area."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast