Rocket Recovery Technician

Recording apps for formuler Z8.

Does anyone have a recording app that will record the OUTPUT stream of all channels? Is there any way to transfer the downloaded files from the internal storage to another storage location? I have tried the setting on the apps, and it is easy to record to another place with some, but I can't find a way to transfer from internal to external drive space.

Why not just setup the path for downloads to go to the external drive

I am downloading from puffin, and it does not give any option to download to the usb drive, it downloads to the internal, and some HD loads it to the point that it wont run some programs that use a lot of internal HD space for RAM expansion.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I would try using a file manager or file explorer to do the transfers.
    I have the Total Commander installed on the Z8 and I just took a quick look and there are options in there to pack files from internal storage and things like that, so I am guessing something will work in that Commander to do the transfer, or pack the files into zip and transfer them after ... I did not mess around too much in the Commander just now, but seems there may be ways to do what you need thru that Total Commander app.
    If the app is not in your market, it can be found online in .apk form and thus can be side-loaded.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I downloaded ASUS file manager from google apps. It works, you can check the files you want to move from the list view and click on the folder you want to move them to and it pastes them over and removes them from the old location in one operation. I tried most of the others and some will even unmount your expansion storage. Thanks for the info Crazed. I haven't tried Total Commander I am going to download it though and check it out. I can't figure the reason for Puffin not having an option for the destination drive since they have so many old PD downloadables.

Total commander seems like a really wide based piece of software from my fooling around with it, and seems like it has a lot of addons that you can add to enhance it. Looks like you can add things to make it do what you want. It is not too simple and task friendly if you don't really work with it a while and find out what you need to do though. when I get through digging at it I'll get back to you and tell the story. Maybe someone that has already worked with it a lot can let peeps know what we need to add, and how to use it in the right part of the forum.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    that's cool 12icer ,,, thnx for input
    I did also download that ASUS file manager you had mentioned , but have not yet looked at it much....but I will be soon
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Seems from the dropdown menu on the left you open the drive you want to edit files on find the file or files click and hold on one with the remote and it will give you a check box at the end of the files check it then click on the three dots at right top and it drops down a list including move and delete. clicking move will give you the where to option just find and select the location and move it. it seems like it copies and pastes then removes the file or files that are checked. I will try to get my worthless phone to do a video to download if it will.
    Last edited by 12icer; 02-29-2020 at 01:01 AM.