Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

2020 Racing News...

Off to a Sad Start :

"Former racecar driver John Andretti died at the age of 56 on January 30th after a three-year battle with colon cancer. He was the nephew of Mario Andretti, and he had raced for NASCAR legends Cale Yarborough and Richard Petty."

"Update on 2/6/2020:

Andretti's life was celebrated on Feburary 6th during a public church service in Indianapolis before a hearse took him for one last lap of Indianapolis Motor Speedway on its way to a private family burial service."

Code:
    https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/0l0Lp/s3/nascar-indycar-driver-john-andretti-dies-after-three-year-cancer-battle.jpg

Code:
    https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/397522/automotive-hall-fame-jay-leno?utm_medium=email&utm_source=speeddigital&sslid=MzcwMTIzMjW0tDA0AAA&sseid=MzIwMLW0tDQztAAA&jobid=b2cd2379-ffa0-4882-8394-9a1da5616da3
    "Few are so honored as to be inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame, but among the four new members this year will be comedian and car nut Jay Leno. While for a long time people pretty much just knew him as a talk show host and funny man, it gradually came out that Leno was amassing a humongous collection of some extremely rare, interesting cars from Jaguars to Fords and well beyond. He even has a fair number of motorcycles.

For Leno, his love of cars started in his childhood, the same as most of us. And while he fed that passion throughout his prosperous career, including while acting as host of The Tonight Show, his retirement from that role allowed him to really lean into his car passion."

Code:
    https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/XPokk/s3/watch-jay-leno-s-garage-updates-on-restorations.jpg

"President Donald Trump was named grand marshal of Sunday's Daytona 500 in Florida.

He will get to announce the traditional command for the competitors to "start your engines". He is also reportedly planning to ride around the Daytona International Speedway for a lap in his armored limousine 'The Beast' ahead of the race."...!

Code:
    https://meaww.com/donald-trump-becomes-1st-president-named-daytona-500-grand-marshal-the-beast-limo-will-make-lap?fbclid=IwAR1YXRKsmIRipokGT0LfZMXzHn0d45nDQ7hrp700s0rewDxaFhWLmkaxsBg
    The "Beast" :

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    "President Donald Trump was named grand marshal of Sunday's Daytona 500 in Florida.

He is also reportedly planning to ride around the Daytona International Speedway for a lap in his armored limousine 'The Beast'
    OMG !!!
    We need Kenseth back on the track for this !!!
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Update on Newman :

Code:
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/daytona-500-driver-ryan-newman-serious-condition-following-121800022--abc-news-topstories.html

By
    Team Release NASCAR.com February 23, 2020 at 1:55 PM

Roush Fenway Racing President Steve Newmark held a press conference Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, which he began by reading a statement from driver Ryan Newman. The statement in full is below.

“I’m sorry that I can’t be at the track in person, but I asked Steve to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude for all the support that was shown last week to both me and my family. The outpouring of emotion from not only the NASCAR community, but across the country has been truly humbling.

“I want to personally thank everyone, including the man upstairs, for their support, encouragement and the numerous offers of assistance. We always say that the NASCAR community is one big family and never has that been more evident to me than after seeing this family rally together and provide the comfort and support that has been shown to my family and me over the past few days. The calls and visits from the NASCAR executives and my friends and competitors has been truly uplifting.

“I want to thank everyone involved in my care, especially the staff at Halifax Medical Center, where I am convinced I received the best care available. I’m confident the efforts of each of those trained professionals played a major role in where I’m sitting today. And to the entire NASCAR organization, led by Jim France, thanks for being by my side the entire time. You truly stepped up to support me unconditionally when it mattered most.

“Most importantly, I have to thank the guys back at the Roush Fenway Racing shop that built me a car not only fast enough to lead the final seconds of the Daytona 500, but strong enough to do its job under great distress, allowing me to survive such an accident. I am truly indebted to each of you and it is unlikely I will ever be able to properly express to you how much the diligent effort with which you conduct your craftsmanship has affected me and my family. I hope you took pride in the photograph of me walking out of the hospital hand-in-hand with my daughters on Wednesday. Thank you. I can’t wait to get back in your race car.

“I was fortunate to avoid any internal organ damage or broken bones. I did sustain a head injury for which I’m currently being treated. The doctors have been pleased with my progression over the last few days.

“Again, I want to thank each of you, from my partners, teammates and competitors and each and every fan across the country. Thank you everyone for the unparalleled concern and unwavering support. And to the media, who has acted with such respect and class during this time.

“I have spoken with Jack Roush and he has assured me that the No. 6 car will be waiting and ready for my return. I’m looking forward to getting behind the wheel and battling for another race win in the Roush Fenway Ford.”

By
    Staff Report NASCAR.com March 11, 2020 at 8:54 AM

Ryan Newman said Wednesday morning that he’s “thankful for so many people” as well as the safety enhancements made during his time in NASCAR as he recovers from his last-lap wreck in the season-opening Daytona 500.

Newman’s appearance on NBC’s TODAY show in New York City marked his first sit-down interview since suffering serious injuries Feb. 17 at Daytona International Speedway. The 42-year-old driver briefly answered questions on his way through the garage last weekend at Phoenix Raceway.

“It’s still humbling to watch (the wreck) and know that I am sitting here without a headache, which is amazing,” Newman said Wednesday. “It’s just a miracle on so many levels. I’m thankful for so many people for prayers, and for all the things that went into me being safer in that situation. … The angels aligned and held a really good grip.”

“It’s not just me,” Newman added when asked about his personal commitment to safety over the years. “There’s a whole group at NASCAR that’s done a great job, from the tracks to the safety personnel, the drivers inside the cars, the cockpits, the containment seats that we have. There are so many levels of things that happened in the last 20 years that I’ve been part of the sport that helped me be able to sit here today.”

Newman was starting his 19th full-time season in NASCAR’s top division at the time of his crash. He spent less than two days in the hospital before his release, walking out of Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach with his daughters by his side.

Newman has missed the last three NASCAR Cup Series races and was not on the initial entry list for this Sunday’s Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (2 p.m. ET, FOX, PRN, SiriusXM). Xfinity Series regular Ross Chastain is currently scheduled to drive the Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 Ford this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The Roush Fenway Racing driver said Wednesday that he’s been diagnosed with a bruised brain and was unconscious in his car for a period after the wreck. While his timetable to return to the track remains uncertain, Newman reiterated he hopes to return as soon as he is cleared.

“I love it,” Newman said of his desire to race. “It’s been a little bit painful to be out of the race car and to not be doing what I’ve done for so many years. I’ve been racing since I was 4, 4-and-a-half years old. It’s just kind of who I am.”

NASCAR timeline, schedule updates, track messages in response to coronavirus

" By Staff Report NASCAR.com March 17, 2020 at 11:10 AM

This is your hub for NASCAR news and information in regards to the coronavirus outbreak and its impact in the sport. Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
    THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

In response to public health officials’ advice regarding the outbreak of coronavirus in the United States and abroad, NASCAR postponed race events through May 3. No makeup dates have been announced, but NASCAR officials said the intention is to run a 36-race schedule this year. The next NASCAR national series events are scheduled for Martinsville Speedway (May 9) when the NASCAR Cup Series is set to be on the track under the lights."

Much More infro here :

Code:
    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/17/nascar-timeline-schedule-updates-track-messages-covid-19/

Just got this in Me Inbox :

By
    NASCAR Statement NASCAR.com April 17, 2020 at 1:00 PM

“NASCAR is postponing the scheduled events on May 8-9 at Martinsville Speedway. Our intention remains to run all 36 races, with a potential return to racing without fans in attendance in May at a date and location to be determined. The health and safety of our competitors, employees, fans and the communities in which we run continues to be our top priority. We will continue to consult with health experts and local, state and federal officials as we assess future scheduling options.”

"TRACK/OTHER RESPONSES

• NASCAR R&D Center: The NASCAR Research & Development Center is printing face shields for local hospitals and doctors to help protect medical professionals as they treat COVID-19. Right now, hospitals in North Carolina and Georgia will be receiving masks that are made at the Concord, North Carolina, facility. NASCAR’s senior director of aerodynamics and vehicle performance, Eric Jacuzzi, explained the process to NASCAR.com’s Alex Weaver in this video.

• Charlotte Motor Speedway: In partnership with the speedway, Atrium Health has created a Coronavirus Testing Center at zMAX Dragway, part of the Charlotte Motor Speedway complex. The remote testing site provides a convenient location for residents of northern Mecklenburg and Cabarrus Counties to have their tests performed, when ordered by their physician. Testing for COVID-19 is conducted without patients having to get out of their cars, which reduces the possibility of infecting other patients and healthcare workers. Tests are administered by appointment only from your physician."

More Thru this Link :
    Code:
    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/17/nascar-timeline-schedule-updates-track-messages-covid-19/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast